• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op soon and Antibiotics and lumps :(...please help ladies.

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
Ok so my GBand is in 10 days and im all excited woop....but then i get thesea nooying lumps in my armpit..which are blocked sweat glands so the nurse gave me flucoxocillian....lumps are going down thankfully but last night i had a really sore left breast...thought oh well periods are due any day soon....(ok my enter button isnt worrking so i will make a long paragraph!)...... anyways dont wear a bra to bed ...got up and was still sore so had a look and there us a red lump with a tiny white head in my left breast near the bottom but defo in my breast. its very sore. i wear an underwired bra so thought maybe that was bugging it and have put a non wired one on which is more compfrtable granted, but still feels sore.....couldnt see doc so am going to call asap tomorrow to see a doc as im really stressed. if it was a skin infection the antibiotics should have targeted it...and yes i do get a nasty spot before periods but never one in my boob which feels like a hot lump. im really panicked that a.its the C word and b. will they cancel my gastric band op??? please help! and sorry dont know why i cant press enter

I have had those kinda hot lump things in/on my boobs. Last year I kept getting them for about 2 months, then they disapeared. Weird!
I don't know if that would affect your surgery. (don't see why).
Let us know what happens. xx

thanks guys....u cant help worrying though.. :( when u have ur op do they 'screnn' you....could i keep it quiet

guess i cant stress till i see doc tomorrow.

update!

so enter is working today!

saw doc and he says its a blocked duct. on a different antibiotic now..erythroped....as flucox was doing sod all. so relieved. i asked him if this didnt fix it then what and he said might have to look into draining it themselves....oh no!! it was so painful when he examined me

hey ho am relieved not the big C word....so was anyone on antibiotics just befor their op??

My provider insisted antibiotics were finished two weeks prior. Speedy recovery chick! Jo x

i did let HW know yesterdya but they wernt overlery bothered thankfully

erythro making a difference already thankfully

thanks guys for the support...lump in breast and it does make u panic!!

yes excited for sure!! the lump has gone dark and a lot less sore. but the sweat glands in my armpit have made no difference. scared myself googling last night...apparenlty breast cancer signs are a lump in ur breast and lumps in ur armpit....no will not think like that!!

thanks mandy and neen..... xx

hahahaha NEEN!! thats sooooooo true! i stress more about things like that...esp when u go to hairdressers as well....arrgh..hopefully those days will be behind us hey!

Ok so my GBand is in 10 days and im all excited woop....but then i get thesea nooying lumps in my armpit..which are blocked sweat glands so the nurse gave me flucoxocillian....lumps are going down thankfully but last night i had a really sore left breast...thought oh well periods are due any day soon....(ok my enter button isnt worrking so i will make a long paragraph!)...... anyways dont wear a bra to bed ...got up and was still sore so had a look and there us a red lump with a tiny white head in my left breast near the bottom but defo in my breast. its very sore. i wear an underwired bra so thought maybe that was bugging it and have put a non wired one on which is more compfrtable granted, but still feels sore.....couldnt see doc so am going to call asap tomorrow to see a doc as im really stressed. if it was a skin infection the antibiotics should have targeted it...and yes i do get a nasty spot before periods but never one in my boob which feels like a hot lump. im really panicked that a.its the C word and b. will they cancel my gastric band op??? please help! and sorry dont know why i cant press enter

Could this be a boil???

hey BD...blooming armpit saga s never ending. is defo blocked sweat gland. been on flucox and not erythro. and guess what....gorgeous stinky fungal infection now!
eew total gross ville. its because i had 2 course of antibiotics and basically being obese doesnt help!

Hi, Try not to worry, lumps like this are much more common than people think. If it's really uncomfortable you could have a hot bath and then lay there for as long as possible with a hot flannel over the affected area. If the duct is blocked this can help to open the pores around it and reduce the inflamation.

As for your surgery, I think the question of antibiotics is a local decision and depends heavily on what you are taking them for. So if your infection was a skin infection (rather than a blocked duct) then surgery could be put to the back of the list or postponed. Please don't worry though as this is not likely to be the case for your surgery as you will have completed your course of treatment and your treatment is not for a condition that either compromises your health or the health of others.

Wishing you all the best for your surgery. xxx

hello anniet. thanks for ur post.

the lump has pretty much gone down (not away but small and not hurting)....however as i needed 2 courses of antibiotics i have kinda set myself up for infections...and thus got a fungal infection for which i have a anti fungal cream..... its a mild steroid

wow i sound so sexy!! dont forget when u have blocked sweat glands and rashes u cant shave ur armpit either....

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Back