• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery tomorrow 23rd march

farzu

So its here at last. I'm going in tomorrow morning for my surgery. Very scared at the moment. Am i doing the right thing? What if everything goes wrong? What if i die? I'm so scared now. I haven't packed my hospital bag or didn't go for shopping for post op foods. Feeling like dumb and doing nothing. Cant even express this feeling. Negative thoughts are all over my mind. I'm sooooooo worried now.

wishfulone

Hi Farzu,
My operation is on Saturday and I can understand exactly what you are going through. I am in a similar phase....Last couple of weeks were spent concentrating on the diet but I went to see the surgeon and the team for pre op tests etc yesterday and suddenly it hit home. But this is just nerves. You have thought about it long and hard and have come this far because you felt it was right for you! Once I started talking to my husband about it, my fear seems to have eased. also looking at the wonderful success stories here has given me courage. Think about why you are doing this and it will help....
all the best hon for tomorrow.
we can do this!

pandora

finding my way again !
good luck to both of you xx

newcy

Totally normal to be nervous - you'll be fine and on the losers bench in no time x

genevive57

good luck farzu. think all your negative thoughts are normal my love. i wish you a successful op and a swift recovery xx

farzu

wishfulone said:
Hi Farzu,
My operation is on Saturday and I can understand exactly what you are going through. I am in a similar phase....Last couple of weeks were spent concentrating on the diet but I went to see the surgeon and the team for pre op tests etc yesterday and suddenly it hit home. But this is just nerves. You have thought about it long and hard and have come this far because you felt it was right for you! Once I started talking to my husband about it, my fear seems to have eased. also looking at the wonderful success stories here has given me courage. Think about why you are doing this and it will help....
all the best hon for tomorrow.
we can do this!

Thanks dear. I'm going to do it and i will be ok. Thanks for the support. All the best to you too.

farzu

genevive57 said:
good luck farzu. think all your negative thoughts are normal my love. i wish you a successful op and a swift recovery xx

Thank you for your support.

farzu

Denise1966 said:
i felt exactly the same hun but try and keep positive i feel the hard bits after the surgery xx

Thanks Denise. Will be needing a lot of support from you all post op.

nuttynicky

good luck for tomorrow speedy recovery xx

fatnomoreclo

I think everyone has negative thoughts before there op Hun, I know I did I was convinced I was going to die but it's all normal feelings you'll be fine am wishing you the best of luck clo x x

farzu

fatnomoreclo said:
I think everyone has negative thoughts before there op Hun, I know I did I was convinced I was going to die but it's all normal feelings you'll be fine am wishing you the best of luck clo x x

Thanks Clo

farzu

fatnomoreclo said:

Thanks Clo.

Sar2567

farzu said:
I'm getting too nervous.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and wish you well. I have 5 weeks to go and I am sure I will be in a similar mind situation to you. But everyone is right, we have all been on a journey and it has now finally reached the next chapter! Good luck