• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op tomorrow morning

Jillybean8

Nearly half eleven at night. Going to go upstairs and finish putting things in my case. A friend is picking me up at 6 am and then off to hospital for check in at 7.

Oh god I wish it was all over!
Here's to looking back at this post in a month and thinking that it wasn't that bad actually!

Maria61

Nearly half eleven at night. Going to go upstairs and finish putting things in my case. A friend is picking me up at 6 am and then off to hospital for check in at 7.

Oh god I wish it was all over!
Here's to looking back at this post in a month and thinking that it wasn't that bad actually!
Good luck and welcome to the losers bench

Hannah2

Hope it goes ok

Jillybean8

Well...
My friends tok me to hospital, I was given Diazepan, had various needles stuck in me, was wheeled down to surgery. Got to the theatre door and the surgeon stuck his head out to say the op was cancelled cos I was missing a test and hadn't had my pre-op visit with the doctor.
WHICH IS WHAT I HAD BEEN TELLING THEM FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS

Home now and really annoyed (after sleeping off the effects of the meds!)

los in it

Well...
My friends tok me to hospital, I was given Diazepan, had various needles stuck in me, was wheeled down to surgery. Got to the theatre door and the surgeon stuck his head out to say the op was cancelled cos I was missing a test and hadn't had my pre-op visit with the doctor.

That must be heart breaking for you I wish I could wave a wand and change everything for you

TiaLi

I understand it must be terribly disappointing and frustrating - but to be honest I'm a bit relieved to hear it, it indicates that your surgeon actually is a lot more thorough than what it sounded like! The lack of communication between admin and surgery is a bit disturbing though... I'd file a complaint, just to ensure they tighten up their routines. That's a safety issue.

Try and look at it from the bright side - this will also give you a bit more time to prepare, since it all became so rushed x

Jillybean8

Thank you both.
I'm not sure what I feel. I think most of me feels relieved. Part of me wanted to run for the hills as they were wheeling me down.
Next time i think I will need to be drugged to get me into the hospital.

TiaLi

Oh I definitely wanted to run for the hills when it was my turn, I'm with you there! My heart rate was off the charts when they wheeled me in so the anaesthetist kindly gave me some fentanyl (50-100 times more potent than morphine) - after that I was happily floating and don't remember much. Don't even remember them starting to put me to sleep.

Maria61

Well...

Oh no sooo very sorry for you, I only hope you don’t wait too long before you get another date, sending hugs xx

Sunshine99

@Jillybean8

It's so annoying when they cancel, (when your actually there!), Mine also got cancelled too....with me it was because they wasn't a bed.

But, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your next date.
Mine got cancelled on the 4th Sept....my new date was the 18th Sept....which ...only just went ahead....( the same very nearly happened)
So try and stay focussed, It is difficult ....But, I'm sure you'll be on 'Losers Bench' very soon. :)

Toni:rainbow: