• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Just an update.
All is well, seem to be able to eat anything I want, so that's made life a tad easier and able to have more variety of foods.
Though having said that, I seem to eat a lot of fish....have a real passion for fish fingers at the moment !

They are ideal for Sleevers and only 110 calories for 3...which is as much as I can manage.

Am very, very happy to be 99kgs...no more triple numbers for me !! NO MORE 100 PLUS KILO MARKERS! :)

Have been naughty of late...had some chocolate and some cake, which made me feel nervous but, never went over my 1200 calorie goal and still losing but, its all fine now.

'Normal' eaters eat a bit of chocolate and have bits of cake and I dont ,ever, want be fearful of treats but, when you have been 21 stones and 5lbs....controlled eating is the only way for me, for the rest of my life.
I want to be able to enjoy all foods, not just the essential high protein, vitamin and nutrient packed stuff !

Next goal is to be under 200lbs...thats 19lbs away......reckon I will have that goal acheived by Christmas nice present for myself !!

I have had a few pictures taken of me lately, not hid when the camera came out...there's a first.!
Another 3 stones and 10lbs to go till I reach the goal I have set for myself...may take 5 months but, I am in no rush as I know I will acheive it, no more 'if' I can do it.

If anyone is in any doubt about whether to go for a VSG...do have it done, it opens a door to the life you wanted .....I am so happy...and, I have to say ladies...have had a couple of chaps pay a lot more attention to me of late !
Maybe I wont be single for much longer....:)

Hi Jax, can i ask which fish fingers you are eating? I can only find them for about 55 cals each. Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Oooops maybe your right ! Maybe its 2 for 110 calories ! But another 50 cals wont hurt.
You're doing great...how you feeling? x

I'm feeling good thanks! (apart from just being dumped lol) Just wish i'd lose a bit quicker, but its coming off steadily :) Trying to stick to 1000 cals a day, but sometimes going over a bit.

You're looking lovely in your new pic :)x

Just popping in to say Hello !

Amember of staff came back to work this week after being off very poorly for 6 months, was lovely to see her and she hasn't stopped saying ''wow Jacquie, can't believe how much weight you have lost !''

I forget that I have had surgery and have forgotten how big I was, too.
My friend is constantly complimenting me, which is hard to take sometimes but, it's lovely too.

Am off out in a while to buy a size 18 skirt.....makes a nice change from that size 26 I was in a few months ago !

Weight is coming off at 2lbs a week on average, now looking to boost that to another half a pound as am now 15st 5lbs and am near the 14st mark....so will go back to swimming twice a week to spur me into that 14st marker !! Nearly there ! :)

Well done - ive dreamt of that size 18 dress (instead of the 26) and now it's just a matter of time. Enjoy the compliments they're such a confidence booster and something we ladies who are/were larger are not that used to :)

Well, 8 months has passed and I cannot believe how quickly the months have gone.

Am 15st 2lbs as of this morning...as I have mentioned before, weight loss has slowed down but, really not too bothered...I have stopped chasing figures, if you know what I mean ?

Am calm and relaxed about weight losses, don't really count calories and am happy to settle for the 2lbs a week (on average) that I lose...sometimes it's only 1lb a week but, it's always a loss and I enjoy all foods, nothing is off the menu...everything in much smaller portions !
The only exceptions to my lifestyle is alcohol...I don't touch it at all.

I am loving life with my Sleeve, hope you are too !

Am enjoying life

Hope everyone is well.

I am ,now,in the 14 stones bracket !!!! How mad is that, it's beyond comprehension after years and years of in the 19's, 20's and at my lowest, emotional, point....21st 5lbs.

Need to lose another 3 stones and 6lbs till my goal weight I set for myself.

Next bit of surgery will need to ba an arm lift as my arms have really''suffered'' with the losses and the thought of sleeveless dresses , in the summer,fills my with fear!

So, need to save my pounds after Christmas!

Talking of which....hope you all have a lovely Christmas and an even better 2013. x

Well done you. Fantastic progress in terms of weight loss, health and all round well being!

Although you may need/want arm lift surgery, when would you look at having if done? I ask as I think I read somewhere to allow the skin to recover some of it's elasticity to wait 12 months after one get to your target weight, and I'm interested to find out if the waiting is recommended or not.

My arms are awful and cannot see them pinging back to anything decent enough to be let out in summer....will do some research and would hope to see a surgeon in the next 6 months, need to save up first !

Might go for a consultation as a 'celebration' of my 1st year surgiversary on 31st March.

Didn't take it as you were impying ,Mr. Muttley.....! Am part of the Sleevers board on FaceBook and a couple of ladies on there have had there arms done, they look great, I must say but, I think they are nearly 2 years post-Op, so maybe I need to wear elbow length tops this summer coming and wait a while longer.

Brachiaplasty costs around £4000...so will take me a while to save for it !

My arms are awful and cannot see them pinging back to anything decent enough to be let out in summer....will do some research and would hope to see a surgeon in the next 6 months, need to save up first !

Might go for a consultation as a 'celebration' of my 1st year surgiversary on 31st March.

You look beautiful jax well done

Well hello all !
Not been around for a few weeks as had no changes to report....seem to have stalled and stalled and stalled.
Weight is much the same...14st 8lbs but ,I have lost a couple of inches and am comfortably in a size 18 trousers...woo hoo !

Had 2 appointments today at Guys and St.Thomas' hospital,all bloods are fine and had a good chat with Registrar at St.Thomas'. He said that some people do put all the weight back on ! Cripes, how could you do that? I will not be one of those stastistics, I love being smaller too much !!

Met Wonderlust in waiting area...he looks great and moves very fast...he practically ran across that floor !!
A different pace from the last time I met him at the hospital.

I have to go back in 6 months time and I hope to be 3 stones lighter than today...a goal I have set myself.

Can't wait till I am in the 13 stone bracket....another 9lbs to go :)

:D Thank you!

You're looking very good too :)

Back