• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OPERATION DATE YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

Also try half milk/water coffee's a great way of ensuring you keep your fluid intake up while making the milk paletable

Great news! It might be worth while speaking to your surgeon if milk doesn't agree with you. I can handle small amounts of cows milk but anything more than a half cup and I get terrible stomach pains and the squits. My surgeon was very understanding and has an alternative diet for people who don't get on with cows milk. It's soups and yogurts mainly, also any kind of no calorie drinks and even on that option there is still an allowance for a pint of ss milk. I don't use it so I replace it whith another yogurt.
Dairy intolerance is common enough most surgeons recognise that and will have an alternative pre op eating plan. It can't hurt to ask. When I did the surgeon wasn't surprised at all. I'm sure they see this all the time, and can offer you something that works just as well without making you feel yucky.
Fingers crossed for you.

aw thats great news vic at least they didnt spring yours on you i got told on the 1st feb in for pre op on 3rd and bypassed on 10th lol which surgeon do you have guy or shaw? i had shaw but guy is also very very lovely. dont worry about the milk diet too much the first couple of days are the worst but you soon get passed them xxx

I have shaw for my surgery, i still can't believ it is happening...
Thank you all for your support. 1st day of milk diet it's okish, don't think i will be having 4 pints on 3rd pint now it's leaving a wrotten taste in my mouth and isnt funny how everyone around is talking food or you see so many people eating when you cant lol..
Counting down the days.. apprehensive but really excited.
xxxxx

Back