• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery abroad?

katemal

Hi Becky,
I take Calcichew Calcium tablets, Esomeprazole (Nexium) which is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which blocks the production of acid by the stomach and sorts out my gastroesophageal reflux, Cyclizine which is an antihistamine drug used to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, Iron tablets to deal with the anaemia from being unable to absorb enough iron from my food and Boots A-Z Multivitamins again to replace what I can't absorb from my food.

I did have a radical sleeve gastrectomy, I've had 18 bowel operations in 10 years and suffer from colitis. When the surgeon performed the operation he found that my enlarged liver had adhered to my stomach and that my stomach and a section of bowel were very ulcerated so I had a massive amount removed leaving me with virtually no pouch so I probably suffered far more than is normal after WLS.
I just can't stress enough however how much my life has changed for the better, even if I was still being sick after every single meal I wouldn't have any regrets, I'm now living life instead of watching it pass me by. :D

wannabeminime

Hi Becky,
I take Calcichew Calcium tablets, Esomeprazole (Nexium) which is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which blocks the production of acid by the stomach and sorts out my gastroesophageal reflux, Cyclizine which is an antihistamine drug used to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, Iron tablets to deal with the anaemia from being unable to absorb enough iron from my food and Boots A-Z Multivitamins again to replace what I can't absorb from my food.

I did have a radical sleeve gastrectomy, I've had 18 bowel operations in 10 years and suffer from colitis. When the surgeon performed the operation he found that my enlarged liver had adhered to my stomach and that my stomach and a section of bowel were very ulcerated so I had a massive amount removed leaving me with virtually no pouch so I probably suffered far more than is normal after WLS.
I just can't stress enough however how much my life has changed for the better, even if I was still being sick after every single meal I wouldn't have any regrets, I'm now living life instead of watching it pass me by. :D

Wow, poor you!! I'm not surprised you're on those meds now, after hearing about your problems. Glad all is well now :) xx