• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Optober catch up thread?

Smallerme

How are you all doing as there were quite a lot of us?

I'm onto soft foods now and definitely feel restriction. I have a few wtf have I done moments but generally when I'm feeling sick or exhausted.

I still luckily have more time off work. Not sure how I'd cope yet with it. Downside of that is I'm pretty bored of myself. Hopefully I can do some sorting out of the house now I'm recovering more too.

So tell me the highs and lows of what is going on for you right now

Hi, 5 weeks post op for me now, I'm on normal foods from this week, and to be honest it's been difficult, I've spent a lot of time in the toilet and really from the puréed stage I've been sick, I've dumped twice badly. Just in the last few days I've experienced a lot less pain whilst eating. I've discovered the Sainsburys children's meals and I can eat a third of one of those containers. However I found everything else returned to normal within a few weeks and got my GPs approval to exercise after two weeks, I'm now swimming 64 lengths three times a week and twice I walk between 5-10 miles depending how I feel. The upside is the weight loss, I've lost another stone and a half making it a total of eight stone I've lost altogether since the start of my journey and now fit easily into a size 16 jeans. Feeling good today and better everyday, I don't regret the bypass at all x

I'm nearly 5 weeks post op gastric band. I feel so much better than i did 8 weeks ago lets put it that way. Last week and this week i also started more rigourous exercise.
Its by no means been an easy ride. This week especially ive felt very emotional but the weights coming off so i cant complain. so far to date a loss of two stone. I lose weight slowly anyway so im over the moon with that and its made a huge difference to me in the way i feel, my health and the way i look! x x

Im currently on cloud 9... just been to my sons school disco. I saw a couple of the mums I haven't seen for ages and one of them swore when she saw me and asked where I left the rest of me.. she said I was half the woman I was.

Pain free, full mobility and back at work ...business as usual.

Loving the puree stage as its a return to all my favourite foods. Call me weird, I think they taste better liquidised...

Exercise well I've put the moves app on my phone so I'm counting steps. My friend dropped off an exercise bike and I nearly died on it. I put a music channel on and Toora loora toora loo rye ay to Come on Eileen whilst on it ;) thankfully I'd had the foresight to close the curtains before embarking on my trip.

Size 16's must be a fabulous!!! And what a compliment at the disco Beegee. The emotional side does seem a bit of a roller coaster. WLD.

Im currently on cloud 9... just been to my sons school disco. I saw a couple of the mums I haven't seen for ages and one of them swore when she saw me and asked where I left the rest of me.. she said I was half the woman I was. Pain free, full mobility and back at work ...business as usual. Loving the puree stage as its a return to all my favourite foods. Call me weird, I think they taste better liquidised...

Well done Beegee. You must have been chuffed to bits with the comment made at your sons disco. Makes it all worthwhile.
I'm having real trouble with the purée stage. I just don't like the texture and I differ from you I think it does change the flavour. I can just about manage a few spoons of fish in sauce with veg. I actually don't think I'm eating enough. Lol. Didn't think I'd have that problem. Have a good weekend.

I hear you Caz, it's a difficult stage. I'm thankful that my advised puree stage was relatively short compared to others and it's now soft foods. I'm finding it much easier to eat food that resembles the proper form.

Thanks Smallerme. I managed porridge this morning which I can cope with I suppose because it's meant to be that texture. I think I'm having difficulty because I've never really liked gravy or sauces and ate my food quite dry. I also liked my veg al dente. But I will persevere only another week to go.

Had a low at start of the week - virtually no restriction now (2.5 weeks post-op) and panicked. BUT mu surgeon called me at home this evening to see how I was (to save me the 5h round trip to clinic) and praised my progress and reassured me the my first fill should make a difference. Feeling really motivated!!!! Have my 'FitBit' too which I'm loving from an exercise perspective. Xxx

Hi My op was 4th October
Im doing fine
Tolerating the food portions although hunger is a problem some days
I amaze my self how much will power I have developed
So all in all doing 'A' OK
Oh joined Slimming World to help with support and monitoring weight loss :)

Back