• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT/ Having a Small Op on 7th Oct- Home and tired

PinkyButtonz

Hi All,

I've been suffering with a boil/abscess for a few days now and it has really been getting me down. I went to the Dr and she said the best way to treat it was antibiotics :(.

Yesterday evening it all got too much (pain was unbearable :cry::cry:) and I went to A&E. I was given 2 options 1 have it drained in A&E and risk the infection getting worse (affecting my up and coming bypass date), plus they thought Local Anesthetic wouldn't work as well because of the infection so it likely be very painfull to do.

Option 2 go to theatre today and have it done under Anesthetic. I'll feel nothing and they are more likely to get all the infection out.

I opted for option 2, they thought this was the best also because I'm diabetic and it would more than likely heal better and not hinder me having my bypass.

I'm now off to the hospital, having it done sometime this afternoon.

good luck im sure all will go ok and i hope you feel better soon.

liz x

OOh good luck!!! I won't tell you what we used to do with them years back!!!! I am sure you will be fine..let us know how you get on.

((((big hugs )))) am sure u will feel so much better once it has gone xx

Hope the operation went alright and all the infection was removed.

Rebirth

Hope your ok Pinky

I came online earlier to find out how you got on yesterday and forgot what I was on here for..Doh!

I hope everything went well. I sympathise I really do, better out than in though (the infection i mean).

Best wishes Xx

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Big Thanks to All for thinking of me and your messages of well wishes.

I arrived at the hospital at about 10.30am and was 2nd on the list. They tried and tried to find a vein to get a drip in. I felt sorry for the poor Dr. After 4 try's she said she would have to leave it to a senior Dr.

I didn't go to theatre till almost 4.30pm there were 2 emergency cases that had come in. I was given heavy Sedation rather than anaesthetic. If I had had anaesthetic that late in the day it would of ment staying the night. They were also wary because I'll be having anaesthetic on the 27/10/09.

After the abscess was drained and packed, and hour after recovery the nurse was trying to encourage me to have something to eat. I kept telling her I was on the pre-op diet. She said my sugar level was on the low side. I knew this as I hadn't eaten or drunk anything since 6am that morning. I promised I'd have something when I got home, so she let me off lol.

Got home just before 8.30pm and was shattered. Had a plain piece of chicken and a CD bar. Not long after that I was out for the count and daughter helped me to bed lol.

The abscess will need daily dressing changes and repacking. So I'm off to have that done at 11am, not looking forward to that.

Pinkyxxx

glad all went well.xx

ouch sounds nasty. I have 3 abseces at moment on my bum sore but on anti biotics hoping they clear it just recovering from bypass dont want another op.

Glad you doing ok take it easy x

Back