• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've been to A & E! Slightly O/T

phatmomma

This is a little off topic, but only just... kinda... maybe!

So was at work yesterday, taking meself for a tootle up and down 4 flights of stairs (as you do when your twice the weight you should be etc etc). Anyway was walking (almost crawling) back to the office and noticed a pain in my leg, didn't want to hitch my skirt up on hospital grounds so waited till i reached a more secluded area. Noticed i'd a couple of lumps which were painful to the touch but gave it no more thought. Later on they'd swollen and sort of merged (well tbh i was concerned then, my thought's heading towards dvt). Anyway i went home and showed it to OH who used to be a nurse till disillusionment set in, he insisted we go to A & E as our GP was closed for the afternoon. After multiple questions from a med student dr and then a qualified dr and having my toes and foot examined and my legs (that so needed shaving - oh the shame of it) i was told it is an infection. Jeez it's a bloody big infection, the lump is the length of the palm of my hand and red and warm to the touch. Anyway i had no signs of coughs n colds nor have i had one for ages.

Basically my diabetes has made me more prone to infections and this is how this one has manifested itself. This is why i am still a little bit on topic. The sooner i get the go ahead for my op then the sooner i hopefully lose my type 2 diabetes and all this silliness that goes with it.. Grr

Oh Julie, so glad you went to A and E - how did the infection get there? Make sure you go back if you feel worse. x

That sounds horrible for you, I hope that it clears up soon AND of course I hope you get that OP date asap too. Feel better xx

Julie, how spooky - My mom is in A&E this evening with a similar problem.

She went to docs the other day as she has been getting some chest and upper back pain. The Dr had a listen and said all seemed well, and while she was there, Mom asked the Dr to look at her leg which was hot and swollen. Dr suggested it was a serious infection and gave her some antibiotics.

2 days later at work today, she has had a funny turn and passed out. My sister rang the doc who said take her to a&e as precaution due to this leg problem... she is still sat there waiting after over 2 hours to see someone.

Oops, Julie, forgot to say - hope you feel better soon hun xxx

hI, hope you are feeling better, sounds rotten.
I am type 2 diabetic and the day after my op I was told that I would no longer need to inject lantus, cried buckets!! Worth the bypass just for that!! Keep smiling Pauline:bestwishes:

Julie, how spooky - My mom is in A&E this evening with a similar problem.

She went to docs the other day as she has been getting some chest and upper back pain. The Dr had a listen and said all seemed well, and while she was there, Mom asked the Dr to look at her leg which was hot and swollen. Dr suggested it was a serious infection and gave her some antibiotics.

2 days later at work today, she has had a funny turn and passed out. My sister rang the doc who said take her to a&e as precaution due to this leg problem... she is still sat there waiting after over 2 hours to see someone.

Hope she's ok Sam...

(((hugs)))

Hi Julie, Sorry to hear about your infection, I hope it isn't too painful. Have they started you on antibiotics? If it doesn't improve in the next few days it might be worth seeing your GP or going back. Hope to hear about your wls soon.

Rebirth

Take very good care of yourself lovely. I ended up in Trafford general for 14 days last October on intravenous antibiotics after a leg infection turned into cellulitis

Ouch Julie. Have you been bitten by any chance? I always get cellulitis if I'm bitten, its bloody rotten, makes my legs swell like hell and leaves me with rotten scars. Not been sitting near any water I hope.

Whatever caused it I hope you get better soon.

xx

Hi, i feel so sorry for you,dose it hurt?
I've got my fingers crossed so that you get better soon.
Why do we have to wait so long when they know we'r on the edge of somthing drastic happening?

Julie
Have they given you antibiotics?
Cellulitis is nasty and can cause you to be hospitalised. If it gets worse get back to A&E as soon as possible
luv

Sorry to hear that your not too well Julie, get well soon and Sam sorry to hear about your Mum too. Hope it sorts itself out for you soon hun x

Back