• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Overnight Bag

I've got a little bag I got from the avon for hospital but I've been told to take the following in on the day of admission:

dressing gown
slippers
pyjamas/nightdress
toothpaste
toothbrush
medication

so that is in a canvas tote bag.

The rest:

More jammies
Socks
Knickers
etc etc is in my avon overnight bag.

I was told that I would either have to wear paper knickers or none.........am not impressed about going commando!!

xxx

Mine was the size of a carry-on bag for an airline.
I was in for 4 nights so I needed a few things. I took:

P.Js
Dressing gown
Slippers
Comfy clothes (t-shirts, jogging bottoms)
Underwear
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Shampoo
Body wash
Deoderant
Hairbrush
Make-up(in case of cute doctors! )
Laptop
DVDs
Mags and books

Thanks for that - I already have packed:
some ear plugs
PJs x 2
Nightie x2
Slippers
wash bag
Books

Another week away yet, but Im trying not to take the kitchen sink!

Um... Pj's, lose clothes, dressin gown, slippers, washbag, books, phone, charger...... What else?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using WLSurgery

i've bought dry mouth spray, eye drops, windeze and some earplugs (am hoping that I will be really REALLY lucky and end up in my own room but i sincerly doubt that will happen)

I've got people coming to visit so if I need something I'll get them to bring it in if the hospital shop doesn't have it

xxx

oh yeah am gonna get some ear plugs too, and have lots of windeze left from when i had my daughter 2 years ago, maybe i should check the date on them lol

where do you get the ear plugs from?

I think tesco sell them, u know at the end of the isle where they do things like sewin kit, on there!

I got mine from boots - they were only a couple of pound, They were in the pharmacy bit...I only know that because i couldn't be bothered hunting and asked a poor girl who got flustered only to discover they were actually in the next aisle

xxx

When i had my cathater after havimg my son i was still in my hosp gown, i think as soon as ucan move they would take it out

There are some threads on here posted by chaps - why not have a look?

Think though, that slippers, PJs, dressing gown and toiletries are the mainstay for both genders...along with phone/charger, ear plugs etc.

Back