• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ow

Yvessa

Anyone who had pre op lactose intolerance find that it improved post op?

I have been lactose intolerant before op and am clearly still now. My dietician suggested I start introducing lactose foods into my diet, particularly yoghurts, so I tried to follow her advice. Pouch is now sore and annoyed with me.

Anyone found an improvement? Because if not, I don't think I shall bother - don't see a reason to.

Oh dear Yve what kind of symptoms do you have is it bit like dumping or just sore pouch?? xx Hope its feeling better soon. xx

Plenty fluids like water to help it calm down is all I can suggest and keep things bland no spicy stuff xx

I have a casein allergy and can't take dairy unless it's cooked/broken down, I get dumping symptoms, terrible cramps, nausea, etc. That's part of why I'm pushing to get to solids, I need to be on meat and veg to get my protein in, I can't take in yogurt or milk at all unless it's in something that gets cooked like ice cream, not helpful. I plan to try it again in a month or so and then maybe every time I have bloodwork, to see if it settles down again. But if it's not better by the 6 month mark, I don't see any point either and will simply go back to not eating dairy, like I've done since childhood.

I couldn't before WLS, am gathering my courage to give it a go though.
Right now, I'm struggling, I still can't eat much, have no real appetite and am hesitant to try new foods so this is the tough bit. I managed a few bites of roasted chicken, 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice of microwave bacon (most of it) and a bit of mince in chili today (less than 1/4 cup, it was store bought and had rice mixed into it which made me feel yuck) and 1 tsp. of peanut butter. I'm literally stuffed, I can't imagine eating again today but I know I should. On my food diary I put down that I ate 1 Tbsp of peanut butter, the smallest they had in the listing so I have to eat 2 more tsp to even have my number be valid but I don't want it, at all. I'm on a stall and the very low calories aren't helping really. I'm thinking I'll go back on pure liquids for a bit more. Honestly, I'm tired of eating, how ironic is that? I haven't even managed 400 calories yet today. I didn't sleep well, maybe that's affecting me.

I can't manage even a tiny amount at the moment. Will maybe try some Parmesan cheese as that has a tiny amount of milk sugars.

Devon keep eating what you should but bolster with protein rich drinks.

Thanks Yve, I do try but I'm allergic to casein and my one episode of dumping was trying some raw milk. I'm trying to find an egg protein I can mix in with my other foods (also allergic to gluten and whey, they're childhood allergies that haven't bothered me for years, I guess the new gut arrangement has set them off again) and in the meantime just trying to get in some cooked/broken down milk where I can.
The good news is that my stall has broken after only a week - I've heard of 3 week stalls that went on and on and was getting worried - so I'm down 3lbs this week now and happy as a lamb! I did end up going back on liquids for a day or so and started Dulcolax easy every other day, that's really helping with the discomfort/disinterest in eating.

Back