• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain - please help /advice needed?

Miss Tickle

Hi everyone,
Often people say they have a pain in their pouch or their pouch is sore. Can you tell me exactly where you get this pain please?
I get sick quite often and have a pain in my side which I thought was my pouch. My doctor thinks the pain is quite unrelated to my bypass and I have to go for an urgent scan on Thursday. I feel worried.:sigh:

hi miss tickle when i had this pain i thought was in my pouch it was more under my sternum right in the middle.

My pain is deep under my rib cage to the left. Did yours turn out to be pouch pain Lyndajoan ? I suddenly realise that I don't know where you should feel the pouch fullness as have just assumed this pain on the left was in my pouch.

Hi MT :wave_cry: think the scan will be for your gall bladder, chick ... don't worry it is a very common after effect of WLS ... keep us up to date. Hope you feel better soon, lovely xxx :):)

Hi MT :wave_cry: think the scan will be for your gall bladder, chick ... don't worry it is a very common after effect of WLS ... keep us up to date. Hope you feel better soon, lovely xxx :):)

Sadly not Twink. It's for an aortic anneurysm.:sigh:

Sadly not Twink. It's for an aortic anneurysm.:sigh:

Aw darlin :sigh: why does he think this is the problem? Are pain & sickness the only symptoms? Assuming he is right, it is best to get it diagnosed & treated :wave_cry: Will be thinking about you on Thursday, babe :wave_cry: xxx

OH bless you hope you get sorted out, i was thinkn galls tone stoo until you said what doctor thinks could be. TRy not to worry too much you are in good ahnds and people are taking care of you both at hospital and by thinking of you on here, sit tight and hopefully all will be well. Kkep you in thoughts and prayers for Thursday. xx

Hope scan goes well Miss Tickle & reveals a simple problem easily sorted rather than the scary aneurism idea. for me any fullness or stuck food pain is mid sternum. Hope that helps.

How are you today, MT :wave_cry: Hope you are not in pain. The scan will be a precaution, honey ... try to get some rest & I know it is silly to say don't worry, but I hope you can manage it. :wave_cry: xxx

Thanks for your replies folks.
The pain is constant but is often worse when after I eat. he thinks the pain is the aorta because he can touch a very sensitive spot and from his face, can feel something noit quite right. The bariatric physician thought it was my spleen.
I'm trying not to worry but would be lying if I said it'snot on my mind.
Have to say the NHS is fantastic - my urgent scan only took a couple of days to come through. I have to have two but they are ultrasound, not MRI's as I struggle with MRI's !
I still think it's my pouch but it may be wishful thinking !

I had extreme pain in the same spot last Feb (2011), couldn't eat :eek: felt sick constantly :cry: so after a week of that I went to see the doctor & after an exam she sent me for an emergency scan ... the same day :eek: I also was scared witless, baring in mind this was before my op :cry: Any way, the lovely man who did the scan told me they were primarily looking at my gall bladder but also anything else that didn't look right. My results came through the next day & they had found nothing at all but my doctor HAD found like a tight, knotty mass which worried her & that is why she wanted me to have the scan. It turned out to be extreme food poisoning which took aver 3 weeks to resolve :wave_cry: so, although doctors are very clever at diagnosing some things, they do need scans etc to confirm. In my case it turned out to be a mundane thing & I am hoping & praying this will be true for you, lovely :):) We all worry so no point telling you not to really but do feel if it was something life threatening, he would have sent you straight to the hospital as mine did. Chin up, darlin xxx :)

Thank you Denise. I feel reassured by your post xxx

Back