• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain that hurts like hell in chest

Helski

Hi
I am six weeks post band op but without any restriction as yet. Due for my first fill on Tuesday next week.
A few times over this holiday period I have eaten without thinking, easy to do when catering for lots of people. OMG the pain that I get in my chest is unbelievable, really scary, it takes about 5 minutes for the pain to subside and then I am fine.
Is this what I can expect once I have some restriction? I am a little bewildered as to the extent of the pain and a little bit scared of it being worse after the first fill. I'm thinking I might not need much to stop me from eating too much.
Not nice.
Have any of you had the same thing?

while you may not have had any fills you are experiencing restriction from the band, this is evidence of that.

It is usually caused from eating too quickly, too much, too big mouthfuls or not chewing enough or indeed not allowing enough time between mouthfuls. It could be a combination of these too.

You will need to change/learn how to eat either your band because this can be very common with any of the above.

I have just had my first fill and I am experiencing exactly what you mentioned Helski. Definatley worth slowing down/eating smaller portions I reckon - not nice at all!

I've had my first fill today. All went okay, on liquids for the next three days. Not looking forward to that!
Are you coping alright now?

take it easy after your fill Hun :) dud you get on ok at the appointment? Who did you see?

It was all fine. I had some fluid in the band already and she added another 1.2 ml so now I have 4.8 mls. So far, so good. I think it was Amanda that I saw and another lady, can't remember her name....

I'm doing good thanks. I seem to get most restriction in the morning. I'm used to eating breakfast first thing but think I might have to start leaving it an hour or so before eating breakfast now. The restriction seems to be wearing off - I ate a full flat bread steak subway (low fat - 350 kcals so not too naughty!) for lunch so think I am some way off proper restriction yet.

Let me know how you get one once you are back to solids - good luck! :)

Back