• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Parents Evening

Lincs Lass

Last night was parents evening at my son's school.

As an aside to the (self indulgent) purpose of this post - my son was praised by every single teacher we spoke to with predictions of high passes when he takes his GCSE's in 2015 plus a huge hint that he will be a prefect next year ha ........ NOW tell me us single mums can't bring up kids successfully!!

Last parents evening was October-ish and I was also around the school quite a bit during the production in December. I haven't been on scales for ages but I do think I've put on a few pounds since then.

Third teacher we saw was the Business Studies teacher. Now, she had commented on my weight loss last time. She made an observation about me looking different, realised it maybe wasn't politically correct so changed it to be about my hair but I put her at her ease as I don't mind talking about my bypass. So this time she just dived straight in "Oh my gosh you're half the person you were ... wow .... gosh... gush .... gush".

Next teacher we saw was my son's RE teacher who, not knowing about the surgery, said that I looked amazing, what a difference etc etc etc. All said in the most genuine. 'pleased for you' way.

Just recently I've been feeling a bit down as I know I've put some pounds on as my skinnier jeans aren't 'quite' fitting right on the thighs. Once we move and finally settle down (long story detailed elsewhere) I can get on with getting myself back on track but it's been a rough few months. But these comments gave me a HUGE boost.

I love my son's teachers!!!!!

Aweeeee well done to your son you must be so proud and well done to you for the huge weight loss and I'm sure you will get rid of those few lbs once you are settled :)

Nice to get compliments when least expecting them, especially when accompanied with nothing but praise for your boy too! Hurray for single mothers and WLS! xx

Back