• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCOS

lg2012

Evening
Just wondered does anyone suffer from pcos and also if wls has helped you with your symptoms at all?
Thanks
X

I am pre op, but Vaniqa cream combined with the pill helps got hair growth. Both prescribed. X

Ohh brilliant ... Thanks everyone. Only 11 days post op so still early days but just hope my PCOS goes with my weight loss xxx

Hi, I am 4 months post op and I have seen a huge improvement. Before my band I had extremely irregular periods ( once every 12-20 weeks) ( yes weeks lol). Now I have one every 27 days without fail. My facial hair has nearly disappeared and before I was having to have laser treatment as was very visible and my weight has got from 16st 13 pre op to 13st13 in 4 months x

My PCOS affected my fertility years ago though have 3 children now) and I was quite hairy, but I'm very fair so hardly noticeable. Not sure if the hair has changed, but my periods are much more regular - used to be every 6 weeks or so, now I'm every 4 weeks without fail.

I know everyone is different but loosing the weight has decreased the amount of testosterone my body is producing I've had my levels tested recently. In this happening I just do seem to be half as hairy lol

Ohh thats great news!!! I just hope.my hair situation decreases although its not really bad i still notice it and gets me down! Thank u everyone for all your support! Xx

I am 4 months post op and can confirm that my PCOS is about 70% better. Not had a cyst burst in ages or any symptoms really. It should make a difference as it's also weight related.

Back