• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT Surgery Funding Criteria

witchingmoon

Somebody the other week said that a lot that say NICE, now follow much stricter guidelines. Its a shame that they can't all afford or want to follow NICE guidelines.

It says Bexley follow NICE. But, they no longer do. You have to have a BMI of 50 if no co-morbids. I was rejected for having a BMI of 49.8!! ugh!!

It says Bexley follow NICE. But, they no longer do. You have to have a BMI of 50 if no co-morbids. I was rejected for having a BMI of 49.8!! ugh!!

Wow, so close! Have you managed to get to a BMI of 50 now? I am assuming that is only a few pounds to tip the balance?

I haven't gotten anywhere with my gp. I haven't been able to gain enough and he refuses to make a referral. I wrote a long letter about depression and chronic pain. He is stuck on the weight gain. I have tried. But, it's against my nature to do it on purpose I guess. My body won't cooperate. Lol
I am having a private consultation this week to explore that option. It's unlikely I will be able to do it. But, my mum has offered to help. So, fingers crossed.

I too went asking for a GP referal when my BMI was too low cos o read from the bospa site which is a few yrs out of date . I needed to put on 7 lbs & decided on the grand scheme of things it was worth it .
That was in September , I now have funding & am waiting for a date .
Good luck whatever you decide to do xx

Not that I have done it, but I have heard of people wearing things on the ankles and in their pockets to be a bit heavier lol....Luckily my pct follows NICE guidelines at present (Though my hospital told me they don't and I would not be eligible for funding)

Good luck with the private route :)

Fuffs said:
Not that I have done it, but I have heard of people wearing things on the ankles and in their pockets to be a bit heavier lol....Luckily my pct follows NICE guidelines at present (Though my hospital told me they don't and I would not be eligible for funding)

Good luck with the private route :)

That would be me then! I was just on the cusp of NICE guidelines so wore ankle weights and filled my trouser pockets with 2pence pieces! Wrong I know but needs must and I have to say it worked! I am attending seminar on 11 jan so go for it and do what ever needs to be done to get that referral!

I realy don't blame you chick!! I would have considered it if mine wasn't high enough. Desparate times call for desperate measures lol

Lmao! It's sad we have to go to such extremes. I bought three sets of ankle weights! I can put them all under various folds and boobs, you can't even tell! Which to be fair should be classed as a co-morbid! Plan B, it seems I would make a great drug mule! Lol

Snow White said:
Lmao! It's sad we have to go to such extremes. I bought three sets of ankle weights! I can put them all under various folds and boobs, you can't even tell! Which to be fair should be classed as a co-morbid! Plan B, it seems I would make a great drug mule! Lol

Lol!!!!! You are funny!!!

Sounds like a plan! Lets set up a BBW crime ring and make money for all those who can't get funding lol....Then any let over money can go to those who are losing weight so fast they can't afford to keep up with the clothes needed lol

Its a win win as far as I can see! lol

i really think its so sad that gps or because of the funding criteria that they are actively encouraging weight gain ,wen in the first place they should realise our heads need to be encouraged to except we need life style changes...
I understand the reasons you had to wear weights and applaud you for not forcing food down just to gain weight it just shows how drasticlly things need to change for overweight people in this country and gps need to learn more in this matter not go the eat more route !!! xx

With the dissolution of PCTs by 2013 and the redesigning of how commissioning operates, I think there will be even more disparity across the country in terms of funding. I fer that bariatric surgical funding will be cut to the quick, as it is seen largely as non-essential surgery.

Loving your work Fuffs!

The disparity between boroughs is really annoying. Bexley has their own criteria. Neighbouring boroughs literally a couple miles away follow NICE guidelines. You shouldn't have to play gp roulette for referrals. x

i had to put nearly a stone on before my gp would refer me now i feel so fat but at least i got my referal good luck hun x

Back