• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Peppermint tea has anyone tried it iced/frozen? does it help with acid?

Want2b3

Well that's it really? Thinking of the acid reflux that will come with the sleeve. Or has anything else worked besides medication.

SAM55

I didn't get acid reflux with my sleeve so it isn't a given. Peppermint tea was great for the wind though :bubblegum: You should get given omeprazole for after

Want2b3

Do you need the omeprazole? I was hoping I could avoid it or am I talking Laalaa? I got gripe water too for wind I am expecting it to be windy few weeks

FeeBee

I only found out after the op that they often don't recommend the sleeve if you already have acid reflux. I've been on medication for that for years. I would still have preferred a sleeve even if I had known. The surgeon kept me on meds for 3 months and then told me to stop which I did. I managed about a week but the pain etc came back so I am back on omeprazole, probably for life but as I take so many other meds too it's no biggy to me.
I know they say mint tea helps, because of the tablets I can't tell if it actually does but I love the taste so drink it anyway ;)

Kar8858

I've never had acid but was given 3 months of anti acid tabs for straight after the op, once that was over I don't take them now and have no acid. The idea is whilst your stomach heals the acid tablets assist with keeping things calm.

Want2b3

I only found out after the op that they often don't recommend the sleeve if you already have acid reflux. I've been on medication for that for years. I would still have preferred a sleeve even if I had known. The surgeon kept me on meds for 3 months and then told me to stop which I did. I managed about a week but the pain etc came back so I am back on omeprazole, probably for life but as I take so many other meds too it's no biggy to me.
I know they say mint tea helps, because of the tablets I can't tell if it actually does but I love the taste so drink it anyway ;)
I wasn't told that either! I only get reflux with bananas and chocolate so it is often lol. I will be happy to avoid it then from now on but not every day. Have had no reflux on this LRD and have really enjoyed the foods.

Want2b3

I've never had acid but was given 3 months of anti acid tabs for straight after the op, once that was over I don't take them now and have no acid. The idea is whilst your stomach heals the acid tablets assist with keeping things calm.
Yes I will follow to the letter what they prescribe. You are lucky you could come off the ant acids and I sure helped throughout the initial healing stages.

SAM55

Do you need the omeprazole? I was hoping I could avoid it or am I talking Laalaa? I got gripe water too for wind I am expecting it to be windy few weeks
I was on it since gall bladder surgery in 2008. Had started with 2 and then got down to one but you have to do it slowly or else the acid is worse. Was given soluble omeprazole post op as they didn't want me to take the capsules in case they got caught on the staples. When they ran out and I hadn't picked up my new prescription I didn't take any for a couple of weeks. Am now taking them occasionally but not everyday.

Milk of Magnesia was good for the wind too (and helped the constipation). Not heard of anyone taking gripe water though...

Want2b3

I was on it since gall bladder surgery in 2008. Had started with 2 and then got down to one but you have to do it slowly or else the acid is worse. Was given soluble omeprazole post op as they didn't want me to take the capsules in case they got caught on the staples. When they ran out and I hadn't picked up my new prescription I didn't take any for a couple of weeks. Am now taking them occasionally but not everyday.

Milk of Magnesia was good for the wind too (and helped the constipation). Not heard of anyone taking gripe water though...
I had not heard of anyone taking gripe water either I just thought of liquid alternative to try if I get wind, milk of magnesia sounds better for 2 reasons. I will have to use cal pol and movicol too if needed my son got some left over. Eek I will ask for soluble omeprazole. I have been having terrible burning pain like size of a marble in my stomach area. Could that be wind or gall bladder or just acid in a ball type sizzle? It has stopped now but for 2 weeks it was bad! My liver also I think was getting caught on my ribs as it was shrinking...sounds mad lol. But that is what it felt like. Now it feels soft very moveable and smaller but still get the odd twinge. Anyone else have this?

SAM55

I had not heard of anyone taking gripe water either I just thought of liquid alternative to try if I get wind, milk of magnesia sounds better for 2 reasons. I will have to use cal pol and movicol too if needed my son got some left over. Eek I will ask for soluble omeprazole. I have been having terrible burning pain like size of a marble in my stomach area. Could that be wind or gall bladder or just acid in a ball type sizzle? It has stopped now but for 2 weeks it was bad! My liver also I think was getting caught on my ribs as it was shrinking...sounds mad lol. But that is what it felt like. Now it feels soft very moveable and smaller but still get the odd twinge. Anyone else have this?
I get that ball pain at night when I go to bed. I think it is caused by my sleeping pills, as it stopped when I was on the liquid version, (and why I could stop the omeprazole), but is back some nights hence why I am taking it again, particularly when I am feeling stressed, so sounds like yours could be stress too given what you are having to cope with at the moment.

FeeBee

I considered gripe water and actually got some infacol which my elder daughter drank by the bottle as a baby (in part because she has the same issue that causes the reflux) :p