• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Periods apologies to the males

Wouldn't know, but they are before the operation so I won't notice the difference, lol. :) I did read a thread a while back by a post op'er saying this is the case though. :sigh:

It's only just started happening twinkle I had my op in feb and it's really only been this last month. Iam on the pill and still managing to have a period half way threw the packet. It's bizarre x

Oh dear, not good :( I did definitely read someone posting about this, so it must be quite common, if very inconvenient & risky if you don't want a baby :eek: I am guessing it negates the pill. I would check with your doctor to make sure you are covered. :)

Didn't even think about that. Best check ASAP. My youngest is 14 and iam certainly not starting again lol x

well i havent had one for over a year so if i start to get them again ill be soooooo fed up!

I was told that I wasnt allowed the pill after wls as the body wouldnt absorb the pill and so it wouldnt be an effective contraception. I had to get the coil

Hi there - in a word yes!! Dietician said it was all linked to hormone levels as they are linked to fat cells or something like that - my first one after my op stopped and started then was really heavy and painful plus lasted longer, 2nd one was similar and just waiting to see what 3rd one is like . I'm not overly worried I'm sure they'll settle down !

Hth, Michelle xx

hi,

yes all over the shop, heavy and lasting for 7 days, 2 weeks off then starting again.... spotting in between.... gp said its due to weight loss etc as you have said. i see consultant in sept and have it on my list of questions xxxx

happy days said:
Thanks everyone, angeleyes iam on the phone to the team this morning to check it out xx

Ok hun. Depends if GP clued up about WLS.
I had/have PCOS and had maybe one period a yr, if that!

I had first one a wk after surgery and have now had 4 periods, almost to the hour, regular 28 day cycle...something I haven't had since I was about 16!

As someone else said it could just be where you losing the weight and fat stores
Oestrogen but could be cos the pill not working in which case you should be careful as have been told you can get pregnant uber fast after WLS (because of the hormone release!)

Hope u got sorted soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ooops, Happy :eek: could we be looking at another post WLS baby? ;) Good job you asked. That is what is so excellent about this forum ... there is always someone who knows the answer to your question. xx:D

ive been sterilised so pregnancy wont be a problem for me. its the periods, and spots that are showing up

Hi.
My period started the day after op and continued for around 3-4 months, then every couple of days for another 6 months then every couple wekks for a while its ok now though.
Fat stores estrogen when we loose weight we have all these hormones flying round with nothing to do but cause trouble xxx

i have pcos so like someone else here was lucky to have 1 period a year. Since my op I have had them religiously every 4 weeks but they have been really heavy like they were when I was younger. My GP has been fantastic. She gave me tablets to take to delay it while I was on holidays and since I got back she also gave me tablets to lighten them -think they are called transexamic acid?? They work a treat!
I have to say having suffered from pcos for years I was always concerned about the link between diff cancers and hormone levels. So although its not nice having periods, there is the possibility of a stack more problems if you dont have them.

Lol, Happy :8855: I had 11 & 13 yr old daughters when I got caught with my darling son :D very unplanned, very shocked, husband very upset as he had had the vasectomy :eek::eek::eek: but my darling boy was meant to be. He has been the cherry on our cake & much loved by his big sisters. Fate ;)

No way twinkle, my youngest was born with severe heart probs and hav had a real rollercoaster for the last 13yrs apart from other things like money,space I really would never risk having another child. Sex ban at the min till I find out more. Lol x

Back