• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Periods stopped??

clar01

Hi girls (sorry guys)

I am 10 weeks post bypass and my period is late, know I'm not pregnant but have lost nearly 4stone so wondered of the weight loss could be the reason?

Anyone else had this?

X

Yeah it could be, personally I STARTED GOING THROUGH THE MENOPAUSE IN 30'S. I am now 46 and have had no period since last June so think I am through now thank goodness. x

Sorry can't be if much use I had a total hysterectomy at 38 due to severe PMS. Was given injections into my tummy area for 6mths pre-op to trigger a chemical menopause followed of course by the hormonal one post-op.
Lots has happened in the nearly 9 yrs since but I've not regretted the loss of my periods only the chance to have a daughter having had 3 much loved sons, I'd have liked a daughter but knowing what I was like & getting worse not better with each passing year or child I had I don't think I'd have been allowed to keep my kids I think social services would have taken them from me.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Clar,

I had the same problem ...... my periods went AWOL for 4 (nearly 5) months post surgery. I also posted a thread about it some time ago (I didn't bother to return to say "they're back").

Some people on my thread started saying "if you're worried see your GP" etc but really I quite liked NOT having them for a few months ..... who in their right minds would wish the monthly curse *back* in their lives so quickly, LOL? **

** Unless you are trying to get pregnant. ;)

Back