• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Physiotherapist

Numi

As part of the weight loss clinic I've got to go to before making the serious application for WLS I have to see a dietician (understandable) a psychologist (eventually, further down the line, also understandable) but also a physiotherapist...I'm not sure exactly why, aside from some minor joint discomfort when I go running and getting a bit breathless during exercise I don't have any mobility issues despite my size...has anyone else seen a physio running up to surgery? What was your experience?

Numi
xxx

I could understand it as part of the pre-op assessment process as they can be quite useful in showing you breathing exercises that you should be doing in the immediate post-op period, and also best ways of getting in and out of bed in the early days when you have sutures in your tummy. But it sounds as if you are earlier in the process than that?

Yes, much much earlier, as in I've got to attend this clinic for a year before they refer me to be considered early and my appointment is in April (waiting lists!) :)

Back