• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey begins - 6 months today post RnY

Hi hun, Terrific progress so far:D! Sounds like you are on the right track. Glad to hear that food is going down better for you now. Just remember to eat enough and you will be grand. Always listen to the doc, dont't overdue your exercise, you don't want to hurt yourself.

Good luck going back to work, I'm sure you will get into the groove in no time.;)

Hi Hunny, was good to chat last night.......

Try going back on light duties, and easing yourself into it, maybe just a few hours a day.... and build up gradually!!!!!

5 Weeks and 6 Days post op

Today I had chicken curry for lunch!!! Complete with rice. I was supposed to have it for dinner but I couldn't wait. I love curry and was worried about eating it but it went down fine, even the rice - mind you I didn't eat much or the rice, maybe a tablespoon full at most.

I have even taken to adding about a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar to my morning weetabix and it helps me to eat it. As I have said before I really don't like milk.

The GP has signed me off until the new year, hopefully the pain im my side will be gone by then. I'm still wearing jogging bottoms as my jeans hurt my side when I sit down.

I have chickened out of going to the works Christmas do next week. I really don't want to take the chance of eating in public yet although I may pop along for a drink afterwards. I will pop into work during the day though as they are doing secret santa!!

All in all I think I'm doing splendidly, no sickness, no bowel trouble, could do with drinking a bit more and have more energy but not bad considering!!

Oh and I've got a new hair do!

:)That all sounds fab. Glad to hear you doing well. I hope that your side pain clears up soon, that must be a bummer. You seem to have no trouble with food which is great. I have been scared of bread/rice/pasta for two reasons, one I haven't been sick yet and two they were always my abuse foods (that and potatoes which I only by in instant because I like it less). Maybe I will be brave and get some wholemeal bread...we shall see!

Good going chick, keep it up!:D

Hiya Perissa
Just been reading through some of your diary- sound like you are doing really well!! Have you got any piccies of your new hairdo ;)
It totally sucks that you are still getting pain in your side, i am nearly 2 weeks post-op and i still get pain in my side and find it hard ot get comfy at night- have you got ant tips?! I thought it would get better with time!! :(
Xxx Lizzie xxX

No photo's I'm afraid as I am totally allergic to camera's. There are VERY few photo's of me kicking about!

My tip is a V pillow, it stops me rolling over on my side and waking me up.

1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days post op

Not much more to add really. Still doing quite well - I think!

This week I managed to eat a whole weetabix for breakfast! Just think two months ago I would have had 4!!! Today I ate some grapes, my first ones since the op.

Might sounds strange but I don't know how much I weigh or how much I've lost. I can feel the weight difference and I've got BONES - well a coller bone but its a start!

I've got some Cadbury Light Mousse in the fridge and I have to admit that they are calling me so I shall have one after my supper (2 slices of ham).

I still find it uncomfortable to lay on my side but I am quite used to sleeping on my back now - as long as I am propped up with 3 pillows and a V pillow.

Lol I freaked out this morning while getting dressed cos I felt a lump on my back, when i found one on the other side too i realised it was my shoulder :eek:

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwuurghhhhhh

Won't be having them again in a hurry!!!

Just had about a teaspoon of mousse and its just soooo sweet I can't eat it, it doesn't even taste of chocolate - at least not the chocolate that I remember.

This is a good thing..... isn't it!!!

Two 1sts today

1. I have just had pasta and cheese for lunch.

2. I had it with ketchup - Heinze of course

Well, did you enjoy it?? Hope you did. It is nice to return to a bit of 'normal' isn't it? Just takes some time but glad to see you are on your way!

N;)

1 month, 3 weeks and 5 days post op.

After worrying about it endlessly I actually managed to eat a small Christmas dinner yesterday.

I had two sprouts, a quarter of a parsnip (honey roasted), threequarters of a small roast potato and about a playing card size slice of turkey with lashings of gravy.

I had the most aweful air lock afterwards, REALLY painful but wasn't sick.

I still have not been sick once since my op!! I seem to be the odd one out because everyone I know who's had an RnY has been at some point.

Today I had bubble and squeak, made with mash and left over veg, pan fried in butter until golden brown. Also a little bit of turkey in gravy. IT WAS SO NICE.

Another first during the week I had cheese on toast. It was also so lovely. I nearly ate a whole slice!. I used Danish bread as it toasts completely crispy, catherdral city cheese grated on top and finally marmite. Love it or hate it!!! I love it on cheese on toast. Considering 2 months ago I would have had 4 slices of extra thick white bread with slices of cheese on top, the fat would run off it. I have no desire whatsoever to eat it like that ever again!

perissa yes i have been sick but only once and that was when i went from puree to mush and had some turkey that was too dry. it wasnt like being sick just like a baby possit but the pain prior to it was hell.
since then i have been fine. well done yr doing great

2 months 2 weeks and 4 days post op

Thought it was time I posted an update.

I'm back at work and struggling with tiredness. I am supposed to be doing part time but it isn't really working out that way. Mind you if I was back full time I would be working even more hours.

Don't forget that I am also looking after 5 horses, with mucking out etc so I am on the go.

Today I had my first email saying that someone had noticed my weight loss. This is significant because she doesn't know about the op. I have had numerous people say how good I look and how much I have lost but they know about the op.

I am 2 dress sizes smaller, all my belts are on the tightest hole yet I can still take my jeans down without undoing the belt - How cool is that!!!

Have had several 1st's! Last weekend I had a slice of domino's pizza (did not eat the crust) and 2 chicken strippers. Before I would have had a medium pizza and a portion of strippers to myself.

This weekend I have had about 1/3 of a portion of Chicken show mein from the chinese.

Tried some diet coke today too - it was sooooo good. No problem at all, just burped after each swig. The consultant and dietition said that diet fizzy drinks are fine to have.

Then to top it off I had 3 Maryland cookies. I ate them over the evening so about 1 an hour and they were fine, no reaction.

Might sound like I am feasting on junk food, I assure you I am not but it is nice to know that I can have a Friday night treat.

I still have no idea how much I have lost. I do know that it is coming off as I can see it and certainly feel it.

All in all I am still doing spendidly, I can lay on my side supported with a V pillow, still have discomfort in my side on sitting up but it is getting better just as the lovely Mr Byrne said it would.

Another big bonus is that my asthma has all but disappeared, I am not taking any meds for it at all.

Onwards and upwards.

Hi perissa just been catching up with your posts i am one week post op. You have done really well, and its good to know we will eventually be able to get back to the ocassional treat. I to am not enjoying the sweet things, and will be avoiding bread/rice and a lot of cheese as those have been my downfall over the years.

Keep updating and letting us know how your doing

Back