• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey begins - 6 months today post RnY

Lovely to hear that you are doing so well, and that you dont dump on the cookies or the pizza.

2 dress sizes down already is a major achievement. well done

Hiya hun. Glad to know you are doing well. Treats are nice, aren't they? I haven't been brave enough to try them but it is good to know I can if I want. I think the trick is knowing it is a treat and enjoying the little portion you can have.

Great news on the dress sizes, it really does boost the morale. Keep up your good work and hopefully everyone can see your weight loss at first glance soon!!

Nic:D

Hi, and welcome , i cant beleive how quick you were from GP to surgery, if you dont mind me asking where did you have your op? and sorry to here about your recovery nightmare and good luckfor your continuing weight loss,all the best,orchid x

Hi everyone :wavey:

I feel a bit guilty going on about my journey because it seems like mine is a breeze in comparison with most people's.

PH you are so right, the trick is to know that it is a treat.

Anyone that knows me, only really Mandy from here, knows that I am totally phobic about vomiting. I really really won't eat anything that I think may disagree with me. It doesn't help that I am also a very fussy eater, for example I will not eat anything pink, I will not eat anything from the sea, certain food I will only eat in certain combinations and all meat must be free range farm reared.

I am also totally petrified at the thought of dumping because dumping can lead to vomiting.

I'm OK now bit it won't surprise you to know that I have been treated for (amongst other things) OCD in the past.

Hi, and welcome , i cant beleive how quick you were from GP to surgery, if you dont mind me asking where did you have your op? and sorry to here about your recovery nightmare and good luckfor your continuing weight loss,all the best,orchid x

Hello Orchid,

My surgery was only so quick because of my history. Both my knees need urgent extensive surgery in the hope to delay the need to replace them. Because of my age my consultant doesn't want to replace them yet as they will wear out. I also have a history of extreme yo yo dieting.

It was done under the NHS at the Spire Hospital Southampton with Mr James Byrne and Mr Michael van den Bossche.

I see that you are in Hampshire too. PM me where you are!!

V x

Hi perissa,i am just up from petersfield, but my gp is under surrey so spire hospital is not under my options that the pct gave me unfortunatley, thanks for answering though we can still keep in touch..orchid xx

3 months today!

Can't believe its three months already :eek:

I spoke to the dietition last week because I have been feeling very tired and she advised me to go back to eating 3 meals and 3 snacks and up the protein intake. I find this impossible now I am back at work. I have a scrambled egg for breakfast, sometimes with a little cheese on and a yougurt during the day and I do feel better. She also advised me to get my bloods checked but have to admit I haven't done anything about that.

I bought a case of choc mint Met Rx drinks and have to say they are disgusting. I drank about half of a carton but just could not bring myself to drink the rest. So have 11 cartons in the fridge and not sure what I'm going to do with them!

And for my Friday night treat tonight I had indian takeaway! I had a starter portion of chicken tikka and covered it with vegetable curry. It was lovely, actually it was better than lovely!! The really amazing thing is how much or rather how little, would be more accurate, it takes to fill me up. Pre op I would have had 10 times as much plus nan bread and popadom's!!

Onwards and upwards ;)

Sorry to hear you didn't like the choc-mint met-rx, they are my absolute favourite! Would any more local bypassers buy them off you? I would but I'm a bit far away lol.

Hi everyone :wavey:

I feel a bit guilty going on about my journey because it seems like mine is a breeze in comparison with most people's.

PH you are so right, the trick is to know that it is a treat.

Anyone that knows me, only really Mandy from here, knows that I am totally phobic about vomiting. I really really won't eat anything that I think may disagree with me. It doesn't help that I am also a very fussy eater, for example I will not eat anything pink, I will not eat anything from the sea, certain food I will only eat in certain combinations and all meat must be free range farm reared.

I am also totally petrified at the thought of dumping because dumping can lead to vomiting.

I'm OK now bit it won't surprise you to know that I have been treated for (amongst other things) OCD in the past.

Hi Love,

I have been treated on and off for OCD for about 6 years but actually have been a suffering for 14 years. :sigh:

OCD must be such an awful thing in the way it controls yr life. One of the cleaners i had had it ,luckly she came with someone else as once she got in the kitchen she couldnt move on until she had gone through her set rituals.

One of my biggest fears is dumping especially if it were to happen when i was looking after one of the children.

take care
hc

Hey Perissa, please don't feel guilty for sharing your journey with us, it is really inspirational. You are doing so well, you should be really proud of yourself.

Domino's pizza!!!! OMG, it is my absolute favourite thing in the world, and it has been 4 months since i had one. Normally i would have eating a large pizza to myself. I know, very unhealthy, and very piggish, but i have very fond memories of that.

I can empathise with your phobia of vomiting, i actually have a phobia of getting diorea (sorry don't know how to spell that). I had a lot of stomach bugs last year pre op, and it creates a lot of anxiety for me, and now, especially post op, i'm doubly worried about that sort of thing. It makes me a germaphobe for sure. And makes me very careful what i do eat and drink.

Anyway, just wanted to say well done, and thank you for updating us. Allow yourself to be proud lovey!! :)

Hi Love,

I have been treated on and off for OCD for about 6 years but actually have been a suffering for 14 years. :sigh:

Its so exhausting isn't it and also very misunderstood. Try explaining why you were 45 minutes late for work because you're convinced you haven't shut the fridge door.

Mine involved self harm so I had a double whammy. I'm OK now, largely thanks to a lady I met in hospital whose whole life was destroyed by OCD. I felt so sorry for her as she lost her son to leukaemia which she thought was caused by germs.

Thank you for your positive messages.

It doesn't take a lot for me to lose my confidence and I don't post much now due to someone being extremely nasty to me. They don't even know me!

Anyway I hope my journey helps others decide to do whatever is right for them.

Oh Perissa, i'm so sorry someone was nasty to you. But i'm also really glad you have come back to update us, and stayed in touch.

3 months, 1 week and 2 days.

More 1sts this week.

Had boiled egg on toast, it tasted lovely but have to admit that it didn't really sit right. It wasn't painful but wasn't comfortable either. It really needed some lubrication but I won't eat runny egg so I'll leave boiled egg for a while before I try it again.

My Friday night treat this week was a pack of Walkers Light Cheese and Onion crisps. Eaten slowly, they took a good hour to eat. In my old life I would eat 2 Big Eat bags in 10 minutes (plus a family bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk and a packet of McVities Caramels biscuits during the evening!!).

I've had sausage and mash this week too. I only eat chipolata's anyway but managed to eat 3. Pre op I would have had a whole packet of 8. I had two sausages wrapped in a piece of toast for breakfast this morning. Had it with tomato ketchup, it gets the big thumbs up from me!!

Another first this week was a piece of quiche, I had it with some baked beans. I didn't eat the pastry and it went down fine.

I've also had melon this week. Why I haven't tried this before I don't know as it went in very easily and was lovely.

I believe the key to minimising trouble with consuming food is the speed with which it is eaten. I eat things very slowly and just don't get the problems I read a lot of other people having. The down side is the food is often cold by the time I get to the end of it.

I was going to eat out for the the first time this evening but my poor friend whose birthday it is has come down with the flu so we are going out next week. Will let you know what happens...

wow perissa. sounds like you are doing very well. Its lovely to hear that you are managing to eat pretty much like a "normal" person now.

Perissa you've hit the nail on the head with the slow eating. I learnt that lesson early on and there is no type of food that causes me problems. It's a hard lesson to learn but it is very worth it!

Hi Hunny........

Sorry not replied sooner, not really been on here very much for various reasons.........

Just wanted to say WELL DONE!!!!! your doing fantastic, we def must arrange a meet soon.xxxx

3 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

A small update.

I have eaten out for the first time this week, not once but twice, both times at the Harvester, both times I had a meal from the childrens menu and both times I could not eat all on my plate!! Bestpart is that the childrens meals cost £3.95 BARGAIN!!! The staff did not bat an eyelid when I asked for the childrens menu. I thought they may say that I couldn't order from it but no.

I always knew I was a cheap date!!

Back