• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pics of stomach scar

tryer

hi guys
if i can't get to where i want to be
i an really considering WLS be it with the band or balloon,
(lots of saving from this point onwards, and if i dont get the surgery then i can have a fantastic holiday, or a boob lift:eek:)

anyway i really would like to ask if anyone was willing to put up a pic of their scars on tummy so i can see what they look like, from old to new ones please, so i can see the length and depth and shope of what possibly may come.

thanks

tryer

Yup - here's mine from my key hole bypass I had last week. All glue off now and apart from one (bra wire has rubbed) all are healed nicely.

Attachments

• P1020163.JPG
    P1020163.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 5,983
my band scars...

click the thumb nail these are now thin white lines. the top scar is my port which is on the breast bone between my boobs.

Attachments

• BAND_SCAR_SHRUNK.jpg
    BAND_SCAR_SHRUNK.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 755
even tho we have had different surgeries, the scars are very similar x

I think we're all going to need a bood lift lol

Clare xx

Is there anybody brave enough to put a pic of a open bypass scar as I also would like to see what this looks like

thats quite a big scar :eek: but hopefully after time it wont be so bad, No bikini for me next year lol

thanx ladybird that looks better the other one looks massive, the scar is the only thing that is bothering me about the surgery as my pct wont fund for it to be done larascoplically (sp) but I could cope with a 4" scar so maybe one day I will buy a bikini for the first time in my life ohhh god that thought is soooooooooo exciting

I also had an infection in it so it looks redder than it should. Now it's much neater and paler. Not sure I could ever wear a bikini though - with or without a scar!

Here's a pic of my (open) scar before I had the staples out, all 38 of them!

Thats if ive managed to get the pics on at all! lol x

Attachments

• 38 staples.JPG
    38 staples.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,811
  • 5th July 09.JPG
    5th July 09.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 3,084
Mine have pretty much faded to nothing now, unless you look closely you cant see anything, and if anyone does ask i just tell them i was attacked by a Hyundai driver :D

thanks guys im also intrigued on the scars, especially the open on as i just found out my surgeon doesnt do lap ops only open :(

Kell yours looks huge lol sorry, but is it quite long ? I will have to add more flowers to my coverup tattoo for the scar if it reached my belly button :sigh:

Thanks for posting those. I must admit I did wonder about how big the open scar would be. They look better than I thought. I had a C-section and that healed great but of course the cut is in the natural creaseline (not to mention hidden by my stomach so i have only actually seen it in a mirror). The scar definately wont be putting me off, on the bikini front even as a very young child I couldnt have pulled that look off!!

What you can eat post op - RNY Gastric Bypass

A relative keeps on telling me horror stories, because she doesnt think I should have surgery and particularly a Bypass. So maybe someone could clear up one of these for me.

I know that obviously for a period of time after its a liquid diet and then the 'weaning' process back to solid food, and OK that is going to take time.

I realise also that the quantity of food will be greatly reduced. I also realise that because of the reduction in the amount of intestine to absorb nutrients means a need to eat well.

But what I really want to know is will I be able to eat anything or are some things totally out of the question. I have heard people talk about sugar overloading and that isnt a problem I can live without sweets and choc if I have to. But I wouldnt like to think I couldnt eat a burger (child size!) or some curry or a small piece of fish from the chippy.

As I say I know the amount will go down, but how restricted will it be? Its not that I would want to eat the 'bad ' things all the while but for instamce I dont like to think I could never go out to a restaurant with friends because I just couldnt tolerate anything on the menu.

Effie, my scar is quite long, it goes from just under my boobs (about 5 cms) and goes right down to my belly button. Apparently bio oil is supposed to be good for scars so ive got some in. Im sure its all be worth it in the end :)

Back