• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help :(

Lily jo

Hi, I'm 9 days post op and really struggling. Every time I eat, I feel faint for about 30-60 mins after and can hardly get anything down. It's not high fat or sugar foods. My mouth is permanently dry even though I'm drinking lots of water
Also- and I apologise for this but- when I go to the toilet to do a number 2 I faint too.
Although it's only 9 days since op I've lost 12lb and think this is a bit excessive.
Sorry for moaning, I should be so thankful for getting the op but I feel like it's the biggest mistake ever :(

Jo
X

Hello Lilky Jo
oh I wish I could help! All I can advise is that you contact your team asap tobget the best advise as they know your history the fainting must be a concern
good luck in getting thecsupport you clearly need

Oh no! What has your team said? People do have massive weight loss immediately afterwards, it will slow eventually and lose at a more reasonable pace where you will be able to get used to it :) could just be your body adjusting to the new way of digesting - its pretty big surgery really! Just think how amazing you will feel when your body adjusts.

Definitely contact your team if you haven't yet, though!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Have you been in touch with your team? If not, definitely get in touch with them, it may be something simple, but you need to get checked out!

Thanks everyone :) My dietician advice after op was purée for four weeks then more lumpy for few months and gradually onto normal food. I haven't got a contact number for my team. Might have to ring my GP in morning. I'm a single mum and it's scary when my 9 yr old daughter finds me passed out but I'm hoping it's going to settle along with the weight loss. I've totally missed all of 16stone out and I'm into the 15's in a week!! If it carries on like this my daughter won't be able to find me at all haha xxx

Thanks everyone :) My dietician advice after op was purée for four weeks then more lumpy for few months and gradually onto normal food. I haven't got a contact number for my team. Might have to ring my GP in morning. I'm a single mum and it's scary when my 9 yr old daughter finds me passed out but I'm hoping it's going to settle along with the weight loss. I've totally missed all of 16stone out and I'm into the 15's in a week!! If it carries on like this my daughter won't be able to find me at all haha xxx

Hi Lily Jo ... That sounds scary!.. Have you tried taking in more salt? Because we pee out so much body salt to start with I was told if I'm dizzy to get loads of salt in. Either in food/ soup or drinking Gatorade type recover drinking that athletes use but it sounds like you should see your GP. They should be able to get hold of your team for you. I hope it settles down for you soon Hun.

What sort of things have you been eating, it could be the food but best to get yourself checked out asap xx

That must be really scary for you and your daughter.

I'm really surprised you don't have any contact details for your team, surely they should have given them when you were discharged or on diet information?

You were at Sunderland weren't you? The dietician details were on my pre-op diet info if you still have that (or I could give you it if I'm allowed - not sure of the rules on this). Otherwise maybe try googling the hospital general number then ask to be put through to the bariatric team?

Good luck, hope you get sorted x

Thanks all, been a bit quiet for a while but I'm back to myself now :) Doctor said it was normal (?!) and I would pick up, which I did eventually without falling down the stairs feeling faint!! Weight loss has slowed down a bit but still going in the right direction. I still have odd days when I'm a little dizzy but suppose I'm only 3 weeks post op. Hope everyone else is feeling good :) xxx

Hi lily Jo .... So pleased to hear your feeling a bit stronger!.. I'm just over 5 weeks and feeling better every day! So hopefully you will to! My weight loss is steady but a bit slow, but hopefully as I get fitter I will be able to up my activity level.... I dont think I'm managing to eat enough! ( sounds odd doesn't it).. But from what I've read I need to try and up it as body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto it but I'm struggling to get very much in. I know I need to try harder with my protein shakes as I'm veggie and not getting anywhere near enough in my meals but seem to have gone of them. Other than that.... Onwards and downwards hopefully! :) hope your back to full strength soon!

Thanks all, been a bit quiet for a while but I'm back to myself now :) Doctor said it was normal (?!) and I would pick up, which I did eventually without falling down the stairs feeling faint!! Weight loss has slowed down a bit but still going in the right direction. I still have odd days when I'm a little dizzy but suppose I'm only 3 weeks post op. Hope everyone else is feeling good :) xxx

So glad you're feeling better, was a bit worried you'd gone so quiet!!

Your body goes through quite a trauma, I suppose it is only natural it's gonna take a little while to recover.

Don't worry about weight loss slowing down, it's probably your body's way of protecting you. It will come off all in good time

Take care and wishing you well on your continued recovery x

Hi Jan52, pleased you're feeling stronger every day too!! It's scary how little we want to eat and even more scary when I see how much my boyfriend eats compared to me- greedy man!! I don't envy you going through this veggie, it must be so hard to get your protein
Jo
X

Hi Su2ie, yeah I was quiet for a while as I felt so poorly and regretted having the op!! I cried all the time but all good now and getting better every day :)
I'm happier now weight loss has slowed a bit, it doesn't seem as extreme now!!
Hope your all good?
Jo
X

Hi Su2ie, yeah I was quiet for a while as I felt so poorly and regretted having the op!! I cried all the time but all good now and getting better every day :)
I'm happier now weight loss has slowed a bit, it doesn't seem as extreme now!!
Hope your all good?
Jo
X

Hi Lily-Jo hope your feeling a bit better now a couple weeks out of op i was just reading through this thread must have been scary, did they say what causes the fainting? I might be going for mini bypass myself at sunderland they havent quite decided yet :)

Hi 2nd chance Jo,
I'm nearly 6 weeks post op now and feeling really good. Can eat pretty much anything but I've gone off chocolate- can't believe it!! Just sticking to small amounts.
For the first 2-3 weeks I felt pretty rough, dizzy when I stood or walked for more than a few minutes, I'll after I ate anything, terrible runs and a lot of fainting!! I've had no support at all from the hospital but my GP been great. He said I was very dehydrated and that combined with taking in very little food was the reason for my fainting. For the past couple of weeks I haven't lost any weight- BUT I'm not fainting anymore, haven't got the constant dry mouth I had and I'm feeling good. Everyone keeps telling me I look like I've lost loads so doc said my body is rehydrated and that had shown on scales. He said I will of lost body fat but put on water weight if you know what I mean!! The scales will catch up, I'm not hung up about it!!
If you'd asked me in the first few weeks if you should go ahead with op I'd of said don't do it!! But now I'd encourage anyone to go for it!! A few weeks of feeling ropey is nothing- it's a major op so to be expected!!
Hope you make the right choice for you Jo, and any advice I can give to help will be my pleasure :)
Jo
Xx

Hi 2nd chance Jo,
I'm nearly 6 weeks post op now and feeling really good. Can eat pretty much anything but I've gone off chocolate- can't believe it!! Just sticking to small amounts.
For the first 2-3 weeks I felt pretty rough, dizzy when I stood or walked for more than a few minutes, I'll after I ate anything, terrible runs and a lot of fainting!! I've had no support at all from the hospital but my GP been great. He said I was very dehydrated and that combined with taking in very little food was the reason for my fainting. For the past couple of weeks I haven't lost any weight- BUT I'm not fainting anymore, haven't got the constant dry mouth I had and I'm feeling good. Everyone keeps telling me I look like I've lost loads so doc said my body is rehydrated and that had shown on scales. He said I will of lost body fat but put on water weight if you know what I mean!! The scales will catch up, I'm not hung up about it!!
If you'd asked me in the first few weeks if you should go ahead with op I'd of said don't do it!! But now I'd encourage anyone to go for it!! A few weeks of feeling ropey is nothing- it's a major op so to be expected!!
Hope you make the right choice for you Jo, and any advice I can give to help will be my pleasure :)
Jo
Xx

Aw lily it sounded awful for you :( I'm soo scared but people are managing with pain even how bad it is and people are still saying no regrets so just need to keep remembering that! In seminar they said people often report changes to taste buds and the start to dislike chocolate I'm soo hoping this happens to me, chocolate I love! Lol

I can honestly say I didn't have much pain- took no painkillers at all even in hospital! And it really hasn't been that bad. Please try not to worry, easy to say I know. I was I'll with worry before my op. And keep on at Sunderland about pre op diet cos they never told me to go on one- they forgot!! And it nearly delayed my op xxx

I can honestly say I didn't have much pain- took no painkillers at all even in hospital! And it really hasn't been that bad. Please try not to worry, easy to say I know. I was I'll with worry before my op. And keep on at Sunderland about pre op diet cos they never told me to go on one- they forgot!! And it nearly delayed my op xxx

Funny you should say that lily - jo Mr postman has just delivered my pre op diet but it was only from dietetics by looks of it still no letter confirming appointment and instructions for going in. It say I should follow this for 10 days x

Back