• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I NEED HELP

:welcome2:to minimins!!!!! keep fighting hun, you'll get there in the end. Remember "Rome wasn't built in a day" good luck xx

Hi I had my surgery at Hope (Salford Royal) last year through Salford PCT. In my PCT it is required for you to attend weight management for 6 months as part of the funding pathway even if you have been treated recently through your GP with diets & drugs. I know I thought it was a big waste of time when I was required to do it but now I see it is a means to an end and was actually helpful in getting my head around what would be required for healthy eating post-op. I am not sure if Salford PCT pathway is the same as Oldham but from what you have said it sounds like it might be. Unfortunately some GPs will send you for funding review before you have actually jumped through all the neccessary hoops which will result in a rejection like what you got from the sound of it. Take heart that if it is simply a criteria that you haven't filled yet, it does not reflect on your ability to get funding when you have completed the required weight management program.

Keep you chin up and get to the bottom of why you were rejected like the others suggested. Hoping for the best outcome for you.

Nic:)

Don't give up. It took me 2 years to eventually get funding. I believe that it is a policy that in order to get funding on the NHS you generally need to have underlying health issues, I had diabetes, sleep apnea and rheumatoid arthritis and got funding. I have a friend in Kent who was granted funding but told that as he had no underlying health issues he would be put on a waiting list which would be around 18 months so had it done privately.
Keep on at them! Show them that you are serious and prove that you have tried everything possible to try and lose weight without surgery and they may be more sympathetic.

Hi i phoned the Oldham pct and they told me that the only reason they refused me was because I haven't been on a 6 months weight plan if I do that then they will look at my funding again off to my doctors tomoz to sort that out thanks everyone who gave me advise.
Heres hopeing i get my funding next time
XXXX

Good luck, I too have been refused funding but I am going to appeal. My pct is a bmi>40 with diabetes 2 or sleep apnea, I don't have either of these but a bmi of nearly 60. I so hope I manage to get this as walking is getting more difficult. I so hope you get yours.

Hi Sharron and thanks im sorry to hear you to have been refused i really hope you do get your funding sorted as for me they told me to do the 6 months weight loss plan with a dietician and then reapply and i should get my funding and that was the PCT for Oldham i spoke to so hopefully i should get mine next time round
Take care
Joanne xxx

Back