• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pokes head back in forum....Long !!

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
Hi all, Wall of text due in so shield yourselves :D
Not sure if some of you remember me but I was around september time last year.

At that time I was in the initial stages of going to my GP and asking for it, only to get an appointment for Nov and then have it cancelled due to GP sending referral in via the wrong process. So following that she re referred me and I found out that there was then a minimum of 6 months wait to even get an initial appointment.

Anyhoo 6 months is up + a few more and I rang on Tues to find out what was going on, the reply I got was 'no idea Ill get someone to call you' !!
SOoo today I got a call from PALS who passed me onto some one else who was most helpful.
The story now is that my case has been sent to Spire hospital in Leeds, hand delivered on the top of a pile of 15 (apparently) and that I should have been contacted already, she chased it and the GP (damn her) had put wrong contact number on, they had been trying for 2 weeks. Letter was posted yest so I should get it tomorrow/ Monday !! Progress ?? i damn well hope so !!

I left the forum in November as I felt although there was and still is mass support it felt to me like a carrot dangling infront of me that I couldnt reach and it was painful. I have also turned into a semi recluse. Not wanting to go anywhere with my partner or friends, but inside sooo wanting to go. I have never been like this, I have always put on that face and gone and enjoyed myself, seems I must have worn myself down.
Now, today for the first time in nearly a year I feel better. Dont get me wrong I still know theres a long way to go, and even possibly rejection but from the sounds of it Im actually getting somewhere ...and to top it off Im being dealt with by Spire rather than NHS, not knocking them but ye know private is private... lol

Anyhow nice to be back in the fold so to speak.

Welcome back elffie - I hope it all goes through quickly now. Good luck and take care, Marion xx

Hi elffie01
Sorry I don't know you but Id like to welcome you back to minimins . I hope you get that letter very soon . You should go out with your partner and friends and have a good time . Good luck and take care keep us posted when you get your letter .
Margaret xx
the frigging computer froze on me .

Last edited:
Thank goodness things are finally being sorted out for you Huni!!
I had my operation done privately, as I couldnt face the agony of waiting for a decision.

thanks all :eek: I had to laugh because when the lady rang me to tell me I was due a letter and they had been trying to get in touch I just smiled and said 'oh great, thats a ton off my mind.!' lol I never say that and had to laugh, said to her ' what a strange thing to say when we are talking about WLS' lol I think Im wierd sometimes... ok all the time, but I still feel tons better than I did this morning.

Now I have to re read things about it to freshen my mind, I have my big brown envelope of WLS info and Im even going to do myself a current pic, I hate having pic taken so that wont be fun :(

O M G when it starts it starts with a bang doesn't it ??
I just had a call from the Spire and have been given a consultation appointment for 30th July with Mr Pollard...anyone heard of him /had him as a surgeon ??
She told me that they now have 18 weeks from the date of the referral getting to them and that I should be having, unless any reason for a refusal, before the 19th Oct !!
Im gobsmacked, scared, excited, sick, giddy.... sheesh.

I think I need a drink...! had to laugh tho she said I was one of the smaller patients to go in...!! made me giggle lol me small !!:p

O M G when it starts it starts with a bang doesn't it ??
I just had a call from the Spire and have been given a consultation appointment for 30th July with Mr Pollard...anyone heard of him /had him as a surgeon ??
She told me that they now have 18 weeks from the date of the referral getting to them and that I should be having, unless any reason for a refusal, before the 19th Oct !!
Im gobsmacked, scared, excited, sick, giddy.... sheesh.

I think I need a drink...! had to laugh tho she said I was one of the smaller patients to go in...!! made me giggle lol me small !!:p
hey its all happening ! wow october will be here before you know it:D

Hi elffie, nice to see you back :)

I'm sure there are a few around that have been under Mr Pollard, it definately rings a bell, have you tried using the search facility to look?

hey Shell, your looking amazing !

not done search yet, im still tired dont think I slept much last night lol.
Today I have just recieved an appointment for my hand, I have what they think is carpal tunnel so I have to go for nerve test. now thats on the monday before my Spire appt on the thurs.! I wont have time to think at this rate.
im just going to go search about for info on Mr Pollard, the lady at Spire said he was the best out of them all.. so thats good, but then she prob says that about them all lol

my friends sister had that dr for her bypass last year and she said he was lovely and shes doing great, she had no problems after the op either she had it done keyhole
hope this helps x

my friends sister had that dr for her bypass last year and she said he was lovely and shes doing great, she had no problems after the op either she had it done keyhole
hope this helps x

Yeah It does thanks.. the 30th seems so close yet ages away. Im all in a tizz today lol and thats not like me, god only knows what I will be like if i get offered a date.

See i said offered as Im not sure if funding has been sorted, but from what the woman was saying yest its just a case of going in, seeing if Im aware of the op etc, if the surgeon will do the op and away we go. But you never know, someone somewhere usually has a bucket of spanners to throw in my direction..so Im waiting.

On a lighter note lol, I have spent today so far painting the hallway, ironing, painting the kitchen, sprting cards out messing on the internet/forum, watching tv, drinking tons of coffee.... I think I need to sit in a corner rocking to chill myself out lol.

Last edited:
thanks Archiesmum, yeah they seem to be. Im still a bit worried about the funding infact in going to ring PALS now lol and find out.:confused:

RIGHT thats another weight of my mind :rotflmao: well for now at least thats lighter. The funding is in place this is why it has been passed to the Spire and according to the girl there Mr Pollard doesnt mess about lol ! ohhh hells bells its full steam ahead !:eek:

Last edited:
Back