• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

poorly poorly

shannon_hilder

ok for those of you who dont know i had a gastric bypass approximately 10 weeks ago, i havent had any problems except for the odd dumping on things like prune juice and shreddies...also with the doom of another op for gall stones hanging over me, i have considered myself quite lucky...however my mother has had the same operation 3 weeks ago, and has had nothing but trouble since then..she is in Canada (where i am originally from) and as she was waking up from her op she was told they need to take her back under as she has had terrible bleeding, so off she went back into the operating theatre... kidney failure set in but after 1 1/2 weeks in hospital she was sent home and telling me on the phone she was feeling much better.... so then i get a call from her last night, she was rushed back in hospital and is having another op today because where her esophagus ends and her stomach starts has "closed over" ..so therefore she hasn't been able to eat or drink since the op, therefore kidney failure might set back in as here kidney will be shutting down due to the lack of water....what was more appalling she said "but i have lost 50lbs" and she said it happily??? i just said "mom, thats not good":confused:...apparently this can happen but i have never heard this before...can anyone shed some light on this?

oh god Shannon, you must be so worried :( wishing your mum a speedy recovery! hope shes better soon xxx

Oh Shannon I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. You must be worried sick especially being so far away from her. I hope that they manage to clear the way for her quickly so she can be able to eat and drink a.s.a.p. Hugs and love to you and your Mum.

Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about your mum, sending you big hugs, Karen x

I have read an article on this before and they successfully treated the gentleman concerned :) At least they are on to it and dealing with the problem.

I wish you all the best and hope your mum is on the road to recovery soon x

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this. I'm glad that she is getting treatment and I hope they can fix these issues. Much love to you and mum.

You must be very worried, Shannon especially being so far away from your mum.
Hope things get better very quickly now they are aware of the problem ... your mum sounds like an optimist, bless her, & a positive attitude is always helpful. Sending you both lots of love & good wishes xx :):)

I think this is the same problem that xxSarahxx had a few weeks ago

Sending hugs to you and your mom:hug99::hug99:

wishing your mum a very speedy recovery Shannon. she sounds like a strong woman, with a very caring daughter. sending lots of love to you both

xxx

Just sending you some hugs and hope. It sounds like they are keeping a close eye on your Mum. Hang in there!!!

xx

Sending healing vibes for your Mum and some for you to

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~healing vibes xxxx

Im sure she will be fine,she will be hydrated intraveneously and have a stretch to open the blockage.Love to you both dont worry,Maz x

thank you to everyone for your replies, i still dont know how she has done with her surgery, rang hospital yesterday and she still wasnt back from the op , so watch this space...at least i now know that is isnt unheard of, and unfortunately it does happen ... i am sure she will be fine though, its just worrying to know that someone is so far away and i cant reach them, it was also my dad's 4rth memoriam yesterday, so added stress with that to xx

Can't offer any advice but adding to the good wishes hon xxx

Hope your Mam is feeling better soon and they get her sorted and on the road to recovery. You must be worried sick

Best wishes
Jo
xx

Sending you and your Mum lots of good wishes hope shes well very soon x

thank you everyone, just rang the hospital, apparently my mom passed on a message that she will call me when she feels better...so i dont know what is happening, i cant get hold of her new husband to tell me what is going on, so i am none the wiser :-( ...... i would rather know than not know anything, she never likes to burden me with how she is "health wise" so all i can do is respect what she is saying although its worse for me not knowing..i guess its a mom being a mom xxx

Back