• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass gastric worries

gabauk

Hi am new here,just missed an operation for gastric bypass,been told that there are a lot of complication after the op,know some lady who had bypass 5 years ago she said its made her health worse ,kidney ,golstones etc,she even is bigger than before ,please help

Hi you will hear good and bad things about wls but one thing you must remember its a tool to help you not a miracle cure you need to change your lifestyle even after surgery but you also need to look at the health risks you possibly face by not having surgery

JED said:
Hi you will hear good and bad things about wls but one thing you must remember its a tool to help you not a miracle cure you need to change your lifestyle even after surgery but you also need to look at the health risks you possibly face by not having surgery

Yea you right,u know I have asthma ,copd,angina,sleep apnea,high blood pressure ,sciatica on me legs,varicose veins had 6 ops,(but still not right)carpal tunnel on both hands had ops,also ibs,will all these go away if I have bypass gastric,and my go told me its a risk due to my breathing problems I might not awake after the op

Can't answer for all the health issues but I have IBS, mine hasn't gone away but has certainly improved. I'm 3.5 years post op.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Am going to be 38 on new years ,and. Would love to goto dietician and get a healthy diet,it's bloody oily currys everyday in our house,there's abt 10 of us ,and how can boiled stuff when they eating curry,but enough is enough my new year resolution is get fit,walk ,walk and walk,kiss by to all the currys and hello to boiled veggies am sick of curries

I agree the op is a tool to work with not a cure for obesity, but most of my symptoms for various other issues are much reduced 5mths post-op. 6st gone overall over 3 since op.

The options of eating in life are not just curry or boiled veg lol

A gastric bypass only helps if you change your mindset along with it. Just like normal diets. And your friend who is larger than before possibly had a gastric band or the old stomach stapling.

And I make some delicious healthy curries :) The world is your oyster, you just need to see it.

Fuffs said:
The options of eating in life are not just curry or boiled veg lol

A gastric bypass only helps if you change your mindset along with it. Just like normal diets. And your friend who is larger than before possibly had a gastric band or the old stomach stapling.

And I make some delicious healthy curries :) The world is your oyster, you just need to see it.

Its not my Freind it's me,I to be honest am not mentally fit or ready for it yet.but my dr at Alexzandara hospital dr khurshid is not looking at that,my gp had told me not to go for it,

Hi am new here,just missed an operation for gastric bypass,been told that there are a lot of complication after the op,know some lady who had bypass 5 years ago she said its made her health worse ,kidney ,golstones etc,she even is bigger than before ,please help

That is who I referred to as your friend. I appologise. I should have said the lady you know.

Back