• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I have sprung a leak!!

westiedog

Haven't been on here in ages but at the title states I am leaking!!

About 6 weeks ago I woke up and I had no restriction at all. I went for a fluid check 2 weeks ago and 3.75 ml had disappeared. I had another fluid check today and I am - 3ml again. Has anyone else had this?

I am so glad I took out the extra 2 years surgical cover. I am being referred to Nuffield Leeds Hospital for a barium x- ray - I live near Newcastle.

Has anyone else been down this route?

Help please. x

Last edited:

FeeBee

I don't have a band but didn't want to read and run. I hope you get the help you need asap x

SUNSHINE

Hi. I had a band and now have a sleeve. ( Very long story, band did not work for me). It's a good thing that you have the cover so if there is anything wrong they can do something about it. Good luck with the X-ray.

westiedog

At Leeds Nuffield today will update with results x

Hannah2

Hope you get on ok and they are able to find out what is going on.

Good luck!

countrywench

Interesting ! Can't wait to hear what's happened
Xxxx

westiedog

Following my fill last Friday and my barium x-ray yesterday I had lost 4.75ml. Barium x ray prior to defill showed no restriction to band at all. Doctor managed to get 3ml out but that could just be laying in the band. I had a refill with dye and showing no leaks or tube disconnections. Got refilled to 8ml and too much restriction. Eventually after approx 10 holes in my stomach 5ml was put back in. Doctor stated any further loss in restriction would mean a slow leak not visible on x ray ( trust me to be awkward). Anyway woke up this morning ( hardly slept as wondering if I had restriction) and yes I have no restriction at all. Gutted whats next a complete new band ? Any advice anyone please? x

Hannah2

Sorry to hear this but at least the issue has been identified and it is a good job that you had the extra cover taken out! A good thing for other people to consider if available.

Hopefully you will be able to find out what the possibilities are now.

FeeBee

No advice but I'm so sorry you're going through this x

westiedog

Just a little update. My provider has been fantastic and I am getting further port investigation surgery initially in September and then see how it goes. Anyone getting a band please bear in mind the importance of aftercare as I was so close to getting my band done abroad due to cost. I think if I had gone abroad I would be up sh** creek now. Surgery is down in Birmingham again which involves costs again but hey its a small price to pay. x

Hannah2

So glad you are being looked after ok and this is on its way to being sorted. It must be a weight off your mind (no pun intended) that you had that extra cover!

Please keep us updated as to how things go.

FeeBee

What she said ^
Fingers crossed for you x

westiedog

My surgery is at Dolan Park Hospital on 17 September - quite a trip from rural Northumberland ... it has to be done. Had to go to Leeds again Thursday just gone to see my new surgeon. He was lovely and as no leak was identified on my barium x ray he is going to replace the port initially as that usually causes the most problems. He said hopefully that will sort it otherwise it will then be replacing the whole tubing or maybe the whole band ...fingers crossed for the first option x

Hannah2

So glad they are sorting this for you. Hope the port replacement solves it and no other procedures are needed. Do keep us updated. 17th sept is not too long to wait now.

westiedog

Thank you. This site seems awfully quiet compared to when I first had my band done x

FeeBee

I'm glad they have a plan for you at least. Best of luck for next month x

Crystalrainbow

Hey westie :) good to see a familiar name..... so sorry your having problems BUT sounds like they got it under control..... thank goodness for that extra cover ..... keep us posted as to the outcome x x x x x its good to see you