• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I have sprung a leak!!

Well had surgery yesterday and the surgeon cut the tube next to the port and they injected fluid into the tube into the detached port. Port totally knackered and was apparently spurting like a watering can. Port has been replaced and attached to my original tubing - the surgeon is confident this is the end of my problems. I have a Bioring band and apparently they never fail... ah well - 4 weeks to wait for a fill x

My surgery is at Dolan Park Hospital on 17 September - quite a trip from rural Northumberland ... it has to be done. Had to go to Leeds again Thursday just gone to see my new surgeon. He was lovely and as no leak was identified on my barium x ray he is going to replace the port initially as that usually causes the most problems. He said hopefully that will sort it otherwise it will then be replacing the whole tubing or maybe the whole band ...fingers crossed for the first option x
Hope yesterday went ok and they have sorted the problem x

Fingers crossed everything is sorted now x

Great news! Fingers crossed all is now ok.

So glad you managed to get it sorted under your extended cover! Do you get the option to extend it again?

They haven't mentioned extra cover but will call them this week to discuss this. When I had my band done they offered the standard 12 week cover or two years extended cover. Now they offer two years or 4 years .... Makes you wonder why?

Hmm that is interesting. How are you feeling?

Back