• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I be worried?

I have been on the pre op diet since last friday (so a week) and i have lost 8lbs...i know i have another 3 full days before my op (and i go in on monday, so wll be fasting from then) so i have 5 days in total (day 5 being my op day)...

But... a lot of people seem to loose a lot more on the pre op, and over the past 3 days ive oly lost about 2lbs which i know is still good...

I guess im worried my liver wont have shrank enough.

I havent exceeded 1000cals a day (infact in weds i only managed 450 :()

So im thinking of cutting out all carbs, or perhaps just using up some liptotrim shakes i have left.

Does anyone think i should be a little worried based on how much ive lost compared to most?

thanks guys :)

.x.

Personally, I think everyone is different, 8lbs in a week is great and a lot of that will be from the water around the liver ....so that should be quite well shrunk by now!..lol x

Its more cos i know that the weight you loose on any diet is lot from around the liver.. and i guess i dont know to what extenet it needs to shrink :S

.x.

Some people are on very sticked diets also which I think helps them loose more weight. I was on a liquid diet of shakes and soups and lost 11lb. Other have been on the milk diet and lost more.

8lb is fantastic don't worry!!

So far today ive had a muller light, half a wrap with some wafer thin ham in, with salad and a tiny bit of WW cream fresh and half a rivita with some wafer thin ham... about 230 cals in total and about 24g carbs.

i hope im not over doing the carbs, but my diet sheet says i can have a slice of bread or 2 crispbreads at lunch, and then i can have a small spud at dinner... not that im going to. salad with meat for dinner :)

.x.

please dont worry too much i know that this diet does make us worry and panic that our livers wont be right and that we wont have lost enough weight but your loss to date is brilliant. x

Hi there,

You are doing fine and getting yourself all in a tizzy over every last thing you are eating before the op is not what you need.

Be rest assured your liver will be shrinking by the day and you are sticking to your diet very, very well so try not to worry so much.

8lbs is a great loss considering you still have time to go, I only lost 11lbs, so you are only three away from that with three days to go. But as others have said weight loss is irrelevent really, as long as your liver shrinks.

Bang on target there...good job ;)

Hi Becca, 8lbs is great - if you are worried I guess the carbs could go but you don't want to get desperately hungry and miserable (or more deperately hungry and more miserable).
As you say, you still have a few days left. Remember you are doing great over half a stone in a few days.
Lv Jenni

thanks caz!
im such a div at the moment, i totally forgot it was friday, and i ment to ask my OH to come down (as im at my parents and he's up in scotland at our house) and i totaly forgot hahaha all my days have blurred into one big diet hahahaha

.x.

thanks jenni, your a star :)
.x.

you're doing really well and it sounds like you're doing everything you should be...I was told I need to lose 8lb for my band op, so anything else over and above that is just a bonus.

well done on losing your 8lb :D

thanks red :)

.x.

you are doing really well and 8 lbs is great if you have done what you should then your liver will have shrunk and the surgeon will know from the shape of it. Its hard enough doing the pre op diet with out beating yourself up about the amount of weight you have lost. Keep going you are doing really really well

I have been on the pre op diet since last friday (so a week) and i have lost 8lbs...i know i have another 3 full days before my op (and i go in on monday, so wll be fasting from then) so i have 5 days in total (day 5 being my op day)...

But... a lot of people seem to loose a lot more on the pre op, and over the past 3 days ive oly lost about 2lbs which i know is still good...

So im thinking of cutting out all carbs, or perhaps just using up some liptotrim shakes i have left.

Does anyone think i should be a little worried based on how much ive lost compared to most?

.x.

I started last Friday and seem to have lost 7lb. I am doing the milk diet. I worry also about the size of my liver and have been so careful - my daughter left half a pizza on the side yesterday before doing her shift at work and normally I would have eaten at least some of it!!
Keep going. I'm sure it will be ok.
xx

untitled-13.jpg

.x.

I started last Friday and seem to have lost 7lb. I am doing the milk diet. I worry also about the size of my liver and have been so careful - my daughter left half a pizza on the side yesterday before doing her shift at work and normally I would have eaten at least some of it!!
xx

xx

you are doing really well too it will be fine honestly xXx

..thank you terri - i'm finding it quite hard talking to people about it, although those in the 'know' have been supportive of me on this diet!

Back