• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op amounts..

Dell

We are given a really detailed eating diary for post op, which I think we help me loads, but I wondered on quantities - esp for puree stage.

Is it really an ice cube sized bit? I need to stock up on trays if so, as they will be useful, no?

x

Dell at first it's literaly a couple of spoons full at most. It gets more with time. I used ice cube bags (cheaper) and bought a set of little funnels to fill them with.

In hosp I was given 2 tbs of puree, for my first week I measured out 2tbs of purees into a silicone muffin tin & froze it in that then as my sizes have got bigger I can fill up a muffin 'hole' (god that sounds bad but I can't think how to rephrase it) I can have about 3/4 of a ramekin dish of puree at 2 weeks post op.

According to my dietician everyone progresses at different levels & I truly felt awful on such small amounts & was much better once I upped my portions. I was just worried how much I was eating but yr body does tell you pretty swiftly if you've had too much! x

Nothing you 'blitz' will taste as good as knowing such small portions fill you can feel :)

It's lovely to not be able to eat a lot :) x

Back