• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly post op? Post your daily food intake here

I'd be careful if I were you. I'm also 4 weeks post op and sick and tired of pureed food. Today I had half a slice of danish bread with some cheese spread on it and ate it very very slowly. Ten mins later I had horrible pain in my chest and threw it all up. So for me it's too soon. Silly of me to do it really but I just wanted to test it and see if I was ready.

Other than that I've had a third of a can of oxtail soup, two milky coffees and some mushy cornflakes. I plan to have some pureed fruit with a tiny amount of soya low fat cream later on and another milky coffee before bed.

Gonna start posting on here to keep a tab on my food (or lack of )
Yesterday:
2 tbls of weetabix
3 tbls of chicken soup
2 glasses of diluted fruit juice
1 glass of milk (didn't stay down)
2 sips of cup a soup

wish it could be more x

today i had:
breakfast:
1 weetabix (carb)
milk (protein)

midmorning:
a baby sized petit filous(protein)

lunch:
banana and strawberry milkshake/smoothie (protein +2fruit)

midafternoon
milk+ nas crusha (protein)

dinner:
mince (protein)
mashed pots(carb)
1tsp mashed green beans (veg)

and a mini twister later on (i dont know what this is classed as but it was nice lol)

throughout the day plenty of sugar free peach squash

i need 1 more protein and 1 more veg, to make the day complete

5 weeks 6 days post op i've had:

1 tsp of weetabix
juice/water mix
1 tsp chicken soup
juice/water mix
milk
1 tsp chicken soup
juice/ water mix

Bad day today. Struggled to get things down x

Gosh sarah, that's less than you were having on the liquids only diet. If you're struggling that much to get fluid in you must phone Mr khans secretary and get some advice hun. I'm really worried about you now !

Gosh sarah, that's less than you were having on the liquids only diet. If you're struggling that much to get fluid in you must phone Mr khans secretary and get some advice hun. I'm really worried about you now !
Don't worry hun, it's not uaually that bad. I ate abit of the chicken in the soup and i think it blocked me up abit. I usual do have a good litre and half x

6 weeks post op:

1 tsp weetabix
Juice/water mix
1 tsp yogurt
water
juice/water mix
1 tsp beef, veg and gravy puree
water
1 tsp beef, veg and gravy puree
so far.....

Later will have:
Milk
sugar fee jelly
juice/water mix

My gosh Sarah you don't have very much. I can manage a whole tin of weight watchers soup at only 13 days out. I feel I eat / drink far too much. Can we swap pouches please.

today I have had:

Muller light tangerine yogurt.
Tin weight watchers lentil and chicken soup.
1/2 tin heinz lentil soup watered down and blitzed with a bit of milk.
muller light cherry yogurt. (leaving the cherry bits)

2 mugs hot blackcurrant and apple NAS juice.
Water.

Today I have thought about food ALL Day.

b hi bran milk blueberries
s blueberries
l beef curry tea plate size
t chicken in chilli with stir fry veg tea plate size
s 1 apple with peanut butter
milky coffee
1 1/2 litre nas squash xxxxxxxx

i am 4 days post op and yesterday i ate:
1 small Muller light yogurt
150 ml 100% pure apple juice
1/3 can Tomato soup
small bowl home made broth with ham, potatoe, lentils, veg.
1/2 weetabix with ss milk.
200 ml milky coffee
plus 500ml of water - not enough i know but im struggling to fit in all the fluids when im eating 6 times a day and cant eat for 30 mins before and 30 mins after food. ?

i am 4 days post op and yesterday i ate:
1 small Muller light yogurt
150 ml 100% pure apple juice
1/3 can Tomato soup
small bowl home made broth with ham, potatoe, lentils, veg.
1/2 weetabix with ss milk.
200 ml milky coffee
plus 500ml of water - not enough i know but im struggling to fit in all the fluids when im eating 6 times a day and cant eat for 30 mins before and 30 mins after food. ?

Lea, at my last support meeting at St. Georges led by the dietician someone mentioned this and he said that as long as you leave it half an hour after food, 5 mins before is fine to be honest. I sometimes have a very small sip of water during my puree, (well I can't see how it differs from adding it to the puree) and last night I even had a few sips of Tims red wind. Lush.

Kate x

Aren't you supposed to still be on a liquid diet if only 5 days post-op? :eek:

ive been on the liquid diet for 10 days and have started pureed food today, maybe you need to be on the liquid for a bit longer xx

Hi i have started pureed food today as i have had 10 days on liquids... so here is todays menu so far and what im having later...

Breakfast: Actimel strawberry flavour (hadnt been to shops yet)
Mid day: 200ml skimmed milk with tbsp marvel milk powder and small amount of crusha sugar free milkshake mix.
Lunch: Scrambled egg: 3 tspns mash potato made with a bit of milk and 3 tbs of peas and carrots this was blended minus the egg with some low fat gravy.
4.30ish : weight watchers vanilla yogurt (getting fruit ones tmro)
to have later:
Dinner: 2 peices of chicken, 4tspns peas and carrots, and 4 tspns mash potato with gravy
Evening: milk again: made into milkshake as earlier

hope this is ok xx

Today i have had:
07:30 - 150ml tea
08:30 - 1/2 weetabix and ss milk
10:00 - 200ml pure apple juice
11:30 - 200ml home made soup
13:00 - 200ml coffee
15:00 - 1/2 pouch of Ellas Kitchen pureed fruit
16:30 - 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle
17:00 - 200ml NAS squash
18:00 - pureed corned beef hash
18:50 - 200ml NAS squash

planning to have a milky coffee a bit later and another glass of squash.

am i having too much?

Lea, at my last support meeting at St. Georges led by the dietician someone mentioned this and he said that as long as you leave it half an hour after food, 5 mins before is fine to be honest. I sometimes have a very small sip of water during my puree, (well I can't see how it differs from adding it to the puree) and last night I even had a few sips of Tims red wind. Lush.

Thanks Kate, im glad you worked out that it was supposed to say "Cant drink" not "cant eat". ive just posted todays diet and have managed a lot more fluids, figured i need to get em in as im constipated and need the liquids. im assuming you havent been sipping red wind? ha ha. im a bit worried that im having too much? ive managed all of what ive eaten with relatively no discomfort and could of eaten more if i had of allowed myself. im convinced they didnt give me a bypass just punched me in the stomach, stuck some plasters on me and sent me home. xx

Day 6 post op diet - purrees

07:00 - 200ml coffee
08:00 - 1/2 a weetabix & ss milk
10:00 - 200ml coffee
11:00 - sugar free Actimel yogurt drink
12:00 - 200ml home made soup (lentils, veg, ham)
13:00 - 250ml milky coffee
15:00 - 200ml cuppa soup
16:00 - 200ml NAS juice
17:00 - tbsp mash & 2 tbsp pureed chilli, sprinkle cheese
18:00 - 150ml NAS squash
20:00 - going to have some porridge

Im only 3 days post op, i had:

Breakfast 1/2 bottle of yop yoghurt drink 250ml

Lunch 1 pot 85g of muller light little stars smooth yoghurt

Mid afternoon other half of yop yoghurt 250ml

teatime: 1 120mg ski yoghurt smooth

i plan to have some soup a little later, is this too much, ive never felt full eating the 120mg ski yoghurt for example, but i was not left hungry either, i dont want to stretch the pouch thats been made, so how do i know what qty to have, is there not a dietician on here? Any advice would be greatly received.

I am 2 days post op and my dietician wanted me to tolerate two spoons of weetabix before I left to go home. I have had mullerlite yoghurt and drank coffee and milk all day and having slimfast ....all well tolerate and comfortable. Trying to understand when my head says I am hungry and my tummy says I am full, its the weirdest thing.

HI, I am 6 days post op after a sleeve.
I am managing 1/2 mug coffee made with milk, 100mls of clear soup, 1/2 mug of coffee made with milk, 100 mls of clear soup and 750mls of water /NAS squash throughout the day.

3 days post op diet today

Hi, I had my gastric bypass on tuesday and have sipped on milk continually since. I don't find this a problem as I love milk and milk equals protein! So far I have managed half a weetabix, a pot of muller lite, and a few tablespoons of ready brek. Oh and a bottle of slimfast ....was scared I might dump on that but didn't thankfully.
So far so good. I feel a little hungry sometimes but its not that deep grinding hunger in the pit of my stomach that I used to have, more a polite little shove that reminds me its time to eat! Very pleased with results so far:D:D

Back