• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly post op? Post your daily food intake here

I'm 12 days post op and still on liquids..

Yesterday i had

B - 250ml Chocnut protein shake with half a banana in it.
L - Small tin cream of chicken soup
D - About 100ml of butternut squash & sweet potato soup.

Snacks - 1 Actimel 0% fat & Half a bottle of slimfast

Didn't drink enough - probably only 750ml of NAS squash.

How are u feeling and how much longer u got on liquids. Your food choices look good, which protein shake do u have as the choc nut sounds nice i have the choc mint and really like it, omg how sad am i lol xx

How are u feeling and how much longer u got on liquids. Your food choices look good, which protein shake do u have as the choc nut sounds nice i have the choc mint and really like it, omg how sad am i lol xx

Hiya Roch,

Actually i feel really good, i'm so surprised because i'd prepared myself to feel rubbish for the first month or so at least. I can go onto puree/sloppies on Monday which i'm sooooo looking forward to.

The protein shakes i'm using are from Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements - Myprotein and theyre the Impact Whey Protein.... I do find them a little bit sweet after a while but the flavours quite subtle and am persevering cos i don't know how else to get protein in at the moment lol.

Choc mint sounds nice as well - i quite like the vanilla cos then i can add a bit of fresh fruit as well to it and it's not too much.

It's so weird going from stuffing any old thing in my mouth and loads of it to forcing myself to eat/drink and trying to make the right choices.

How are you doing ? xx

it is fascinating to see the difference of approach from hospital to hospital!
I am still doing well, not chumping at the bit yet and coping with liquids only.
However, I am not drinking enuff! so have constipation, which I just knew would happen! I am taking Milpar which is foul x
I am having ss milk with sf crusha, fruit juice with water, actimel drinks and muller corner without the corner so to speak. I am also having 1/2 tin of heinz cream ot tomato, mushroom or chicken without the bits.
I wouldnt have a clue whether i am getting enuff protein in!
Shells
x

Hiya Roch,

Actually i feel really good, i'm so surprised because i'd prepared myself to feel rubbish for the first month or so at least. I can go onto puree/sloppies on Monday which i'm sooooo looking forward to.

The protein shakes i'm using are from Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements - Myprotein and theyre the Impact Whey Protein.... I do find them a little bit sweet after a while but the flavours quite subtle and am persevering cos i don't know how else to get protein in at the moment lol.

Choc mint sounds nice as well - i quite like the vanilla cos then i can add a bit of fresh fruit as well to it and it's not too much.

It's so weird going from stuffing any old thing in my mouth and loads of it to forcing myself to eat/drink and trying to make the right choices.

How are you doing ? xx

Hi hun am doing ok ty, i get my shakes from there as well never seen the choc nut, will pop along and check it out.
I must admit when i had a shake a day my protein levels were fab and the past 3 days i have not had them and back to having carbs at each meal as feel like cr*p at the mo, so i need to start them today and will have the first one now for my breaky but just have a half a shake now and make another one later, they come out so creamy in the smoothie maker.
Def our food choices is a hard one and i struggle with it all the time and need to cut out the carbs as its my bad habits.
Take care hun and chat soon xx

it is fascinating to see the difference of approach from hospital to hospital!
I am still doing well, not chumping at the bit yet and coping with liquids only.
However, I am not drinking enuff! so have constipation, which I just knew would happen! I am taking Milpar which is foul x
I am having ss milk with sf crusha, fruit juice with water, actimel drinks and muller corner without the corner so to speak. I am also having 1/2 tin of heinz cream ot tomato, mushroom or chicken without the bits.
I wouldnt have a clue whether i am getting enuff protein in!
Shells
x

Hi Shells ur right there they can be miles apart with their advice but i am so pleased i only did 2 weeks on liquids and sloppys as this was more than enough for me.
When it comes to keeping an eye on ur protein count i use a fab site called
myfitnesspall.com u can log on all ur foods and it has a massive database and it will tell you how much cals and protein,carbs and fat u r having and if the food is not on the database u can add it by using the nutritional info on the food label.
I use this site every day and it has helped me keep track and make sure i kick myself back in to gear like today when i see it in black and white that my protein levels are really low.
Hope this helps u xx

Day 47 and yet again my protein levels are really bad and although have not had any emotional hunger eating and stuck to my cals i have chosen mostly carbs again. I have been feeling cr@p as have reduced my mega strong Opiate pain meds for the past 48 hrs which have left me in pain and also some nasty side effects and also struggling with bad constipation again (sorry for being so graphic first thing in the morning)

I have to stop choosing carbs and need to do that today other wise as we all know tomorrow never comes:(

Here was yesterday`s food choices, day 46

Breakfast
Open sandwich with one slice nimble, 1 slice mozzeralla slices cheese,Cherry toms and cucumber

Lunch
Asda - Cherry Tomatoes, 3 toms
Tesco - Mini Wholemeal Pitta Bread, 1 Piece
Tesco - Mozzarella Slices, 1 slice

Dinner
Jacobs - Choice Grain Cracker, 4 cracker
Kraft - Philadelphia Extra Light, 15 g
Cherry tomatoes x3

Snacks
Kingsmill - White Bread - Toastie Thick Sliced, 0.5 slice - thick
Whole Earth - Smooth Organic Peanut Butter With No Added Sugar, 10 g

Fluds- Very bad only 1 ltr of nas vimto and 2 mugs with movicol

Totals- Cals-504 Carbs-46 Fat-20 Protein-21

Hi hun am doing ok ty, i get my shakes from there as well never seen the choc nut, will pop along and check it out.
I must admit when i had a shake a day my protein levels were fab and the past 3 days i have not had them and back to having carbs at each meal as feel like cr*p at the mo, so i need to start them today and will have the first one now for my breaky but just have a half a shake now and make another one later, they come out so creamy in the smoothie maker.
Def our food choices is a hard one and i struggle with it all the time and need to cut out the carbs as its my bad habits.
Take care hun and chat soon xx

I know some hospitals don't approve of using protein shakes but considering it's so important , i think if you find it difficult to eat lean meats or fish then why not.... Have you tried having something like crackerbread or ryvita instead of the bread... still carbs but probably a little better for you? I know i'm going to find carbs hard to steer clear of cos theyre just too damn convenient lol xx

Yesterday...
Breakfast....1 egg scrambled and 1 piece of bacon
Snack 1 tesco light choices cheese triangle
Lunch 2 lighter choice dutch crispbread with extra light garlic and herb soft cheese spread
Dinner.. we had a BBQ, 1 small baked potato with LC cheese triange in it, 1 tbsp couscous, and 3/4 fillet of lime chili marinated mackeral ....yummmmmmmmm

fluids about 1lt

Hi I am four days post op and got home from hospital yesterday. Yesterday I had 4 teaspoons of porridge and 2 teaspoons of banana, 2 milky drinks, 75 ml stilton and broccoli soup, 100ml 50% organge juice/water, 100ml water, 1/2 sugar free jelly apple and watermelon flavour.

Don't know how I will ever manage to drink 2 litres of fluid ......

Day 47 and have a conscious effort to up my protein and will def try and have a full protein shake every day as that gives me 44grms of Protein.

Breakfast
protein shake,

Lunch
Jacobs - Choice Grain Cracker, 3 cracker
Kraft - Philadelphia Extra Light, 30 g

Dinner
Shape - Feel Fuller for Longer - Mango, 120 g (pot)
Apple - Royal Gala 154 Grams, 0.5 apple

Calories- 531 Fat-51 grms Carbs-11 Protein-58 grms

Day 26 post op

Breakfast... was in asda and had child's breakfast scrambled egg (ate 1/2 portion) tin tomatoes (ate 1/2 a tomato), about 4 mushrooms and a sliver of hash brown.....my toddler ate the rest! lol

Lunch...2 crackerbreads with bovril and LC cheese triangle

Snack about 4 thawed out mango pieces...yummm

Dinner...planning to have 1/2 pack of Ainsley Harriet's Rissoto Meditterean peppers flavour....also very yummmmm! (1/2 pack makes about a ramekin portion)

Still drinking....lol

BUT lost 2 lbs at last!!!!! Woohoooo! :bliss:

Back to work today so wasn't too sure what to have lol

Breakfast - Chocnut protein shake with half banana
Half cup of coffee
Snack - 1 Actimel yoghurt drink thingy
Lunch - Half tangerine muller light
Snack - LC cheese triangle
Dinner - 2-3 tbsp of Fish & Potatoe pie ( blended )

NAS squash

hi 8 months post and not loosing yesterday i had:
Breakfast
1x weetabix skimmed milk half scoop protien powder and 2 dates chopped up.
snack fruit yog
Lunch: pork chop carots brocoli 2 baby new pots and gravy
Snack bag of skips
Tea: 4onion crackers with low fat pate
Supper apple and banana
1.5 litr NAS squash and 3 cups tea

todays menu
Breakfast: ham and poached eggs
Snack tbc
lunch salda jacket pot and light philidelphia
snack TBC
Dinner r chicken 1 r pot cabbage peas y pudding and gravy
Drink Tea coffee and nas squash

Ok have not been posting much recently so decided today to make a conscious effort to write down every morsel that passes my lips so here goes, this is yesterdays menu, my diet is a bit repetitive at the mo lol.

Breakfast: shape and special k,

Lunch: Jacob's Savours Crackers - Rosemary and Sea Salt, 4 cracker
Extra Light Philadelphia - 5% Fat Soft Cheese,

Dinner:Weight Watchers - Layered Fromage Frais - Cherry, 100 gram(s)
4 jacobs savours crackers, philly, and cucumber

Snacks

25grms choc mint protein shake made with water and ice
2 Jacob's Savours Crackers - Rosemary and Sea Salt,
1/2 Sci-Mx - Protein Flapjack Apple and Caramel,

Totals: 737 cals 99 grms carbs 18grms fat 76grms Protein

1.5 litres of nas squash

Todays menu, was very naughty and munched on a grab bag of quavers :D but i was very chuffed with myself as today was the first time in 10 weeks i have managed a hot meal although only ate half lol

Breakfast
shape and special k,

Lunch
Heinz - Weight Watchers - Beef Lasagne Frozen Meal, 150 g (1/2 a portion)

Dinner
4 savours crackers, philly and tomatoes

Snacks
1/2 choc mint protein shake made with ice and Cravendale -100 Semi Skimmed Milk,
Walkers - Quavers Grab Bag, 1 bag

Totals: 743 cals 57 grms protein
Fluids: 1.5 grms of nas

Todays menu, was very naughty and munched on a grab bag of quavers :D but i was very chuffed with myself as today was the first time in 10 weeks i have managed a hot meal although only ate half lol

Breakfast
shape and special k,

Lunch
Heinz - Weight Watchers - Beef Lasagne Frozen Meal, 150 g (1/2 a portion)

Dinner
4 savours crackers, philly and tomatoes

Snacks
1/2 choc mint protein shake made with ice and Cravendale -100 Semi Skimmed Milk,
Walkers - Quavers Grab Bag, 1 bag

Totals: 743 cals 57 grms protein
Fluids: 1.5 grms of nas

Well done Roch...good day for you!

Hmm...not a great day today but have had some really good days recently.

Today...

Breakfast: small peice of cheese

Lunch: quarter of a bagel, low fat cream cheese & half slice ham

Dinner: Yet to have it but planning on baked cod fillet with salad

Snacks: 2 slices melon, strawberries, grapes & 1 chocolate (oops!)

Calories: Goodness knows!

Hi

Hi, i'm not quite sure how this forum works but this was the only way I could see to contact you! Saw you had a gastric sleeve, I have had a consultation so far and have been offered either the sleeve or the bypass. Can you let me know why you decided on or were told you had the sleeve? I am quite confused as to what to do but know I need to do something. I hope you don't mind me contacting you but would be great to chat to someone who has actually been through it and been so successful!!
Thank you.:)

I'm a sleever - eight days now.

At the moment I'm still on liquids and I'm basically having 3 x 200ml protein shakes (Bio Synergy whey better) and 2 x 200 ml of thin soup (blended and sieved lentil mainly).

I did have a sugar free ice pop this afternoon - which was quite refreshing.

It takes me about forty minutes to get through my soup - seems like I'm either eating or drinking constantly at the moment! xx

I'm 4 weeks post op today, do you think I could have a cracker bread with philli cheese or pate on or is it too soon?

Back