• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op day 5

The bloating is from the gas they pump you up with and sad to say there are only 2 ways it comes out, front or rear! They should have given you some painkillers for the soreness, I had liquid neurofen for kids and dissolveable paracetemole. It should improve as the days go by just check your incisions for any signs of infection too. Hope that is some help. Good Luck in your journey.

I constantly chewed on those deflatine tablets and walking up and down helps disperse it too. When you are drinking drink very very slowly. Remember too that the air is still trapped from the op and on top of that, your stomach inside is swollen so it may not all be bloating as such. It will settle down babe, just hang on in there!

Day 5/6 were my worst, things do pick up and like child birth you will forget that it was so bad, especially when you start seeing the weight coming off.

Great advice from all as usual - I must make notes for when I have my op.

And welcome to the forum x

Great advice from all as usual - I must make notes for when I have my op.

And welcome to the forum x

Me too Sue, so much to remember but all great advice.

Hope you are feeling better soon, take care x

My only advice, like others, is to hang on in there - soon passes and remember you have been through a big operation! Time does heal and zaps your memory!! Just think of the shrinking scales!

im 3 wks post op the pain does go, but when you see the weight drop off you will then know it was worth it, take care as you have been through a big op xx

Thanks for advice. Looking forward to the stage where there is no pain and can start eating, this liquid diet is no fun, watching others eat while I have a drink , well I expect u all know what I mean. Need to see that light in the tunnel x

Back