• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post OP Exercise - advise please?

Was/is exerecise a major role in your weight loss 6 months post op

• Definately a big and vital role!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It helped, but only a bit

• Unsure

• I never exercised so would not know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi all,
In two days I will be twelve weeks post-op. I havent really done major exercise as yet. Immediately post op I did a few weeks of walking, to help get me moving again but since not really done much. And being so busy at work now, even the walking has stopped. All I really do, physical wise (enough to burn calories) is not use the lift at work, instead I use the stairwell (3 flights) to get to my office in the morning and then down when I go home.
Despite the lack of focus on exercise I have already lost 6.2 stone. Yay. However, horror of horror, I noticed my new wing flaps this morning. My upper arms have now developed flaps.
When I had my surgery my surgeon said she felt I had good elasticity, combined with my age, that I may not suffer too badly with hanging skin.
Therefor I need to work on these flaps ASAP!
I dont really have the time (work wise) to join a gym at the moment, so will need to focus on exercise at home and work more.
Question 1: What exercises can you recommend? (12 weeks post op), that can focus on muscle tightening/strengthening in all the right area's?
Question 2: I am having major food issues (surgeon putting a camera down in Jan), so on a good day I am lucky if I in take as much as 500 calories - a very good day, most days are 350 - 400. With that in mind what happens if I burn more calories with exercise than I actually take in?

If you burn more calories than you actually take in your body will begin to burn your body stores of fat. As fo exercise swimming is a good one and lots of leisure centres open early and close later and have specific adult only sessions. Aqua aerobics is also a good one. Other than that I don't really know

i don't really know but apparantely holding a tin of beans or something similar with your arms outstretched is good for wings :)

Well proud to report i have bought myself a nintendo wii, a wii fit and zumba game. Bring it on!!!!!

Back