• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food cravings

belbouteloup

Evening folks
something i was thinking about :confused:, after your op, do you still get constant cravings, for example, i really fancy cheese and crackers at night and cant stop thinking about it(almost obsessing) until i`ve had it.:sigh: Infact i think about food 24/7,planning my lunch at breakfast,dinner at lunch etc... do you still have these compulsive cravings or do they gradualy fade ?

Loving this thread!! for three weeks after the op I was subjected to a certain retailers, "its not just food" campaign! I sat in front of tv drooling but it was just head hunger not a physical type.
I like to think if i really want something then I can have a little without beating myself up over it, I just make sure i really enjoy it!

lol, i know what you mean about that ad, i was just drooling over that risotto, and i hate risotto ! thanks for that cally, just seems weird to think that all that weird head hunger(comfort eating i guess) will vanish,i just hope i dont become a raving alchy,gambler,drug addict like my therapist said could happen when you need to transfer your comfort somewhere else, saying that, i wouldnt mind being a compulsive shopaholic... well if i won the lottery of course..

I find that I still have to fight with my comfort eating, having to tell myself that I don't need that Rich Tea with my coffee etc.

As Shaw said, he's done the physical part for me... I need to deal with the psychological side. It can be hard, and if a person thinks the bypass is a miracle cure or the easy way out, they are sorely mistaken.

It requires willpower...

But for me, the up-side is that I have the physical side-effects if I indulge in food I should avoid!!! So far, it's kept me away from a multitude of sins :rolleyes: :eek: :p

One thing, though... is it just me, or do other people have an unnatural urge to eat salad and healthy things post-op?!!! Teehehe :D

x

Wow ols look at you over halfway there. Had to laugh at the salad comment i love salad its just what i like with it thats my problem.

im only a few weeks in but im craving fruit at the moment like crazy i think the pre op diet really kicked a few eating habbits for me making me realise i didnt really need it iv got a real thing going for strawberrys and bannana i dice it and have a portion in the evening when im getting most hungry my choc head seems to have departed for the time being hopefully forever

I'm not hunrgry for anything, though i still get a little head hunger from time to time like yesterday i sat in a meeting and the organiser had supplied £30 worth of crispy creme donuts :eek: i could have cried ! especially when the overweight lady sitting next to me ate my favourite one, the twisty one with all the melted white icing sugar on the top :(

hi everyone this is a good thread, im 15 months post op and do u want the bad news folks.......... well after about 6/7 months believe it or not your appetite comes back, YES you start to feel hungry again, Yes its bloody hard work, an YES you do crave all the stuff you ate before, i can eat a whole snickers without dumping lol, but the good thing is i dont put weight on, i just stay the same, its all work work work, you HAVE to work at it and id love for someone to say a bypass is the easy road out cos id kick them where it hurts especially thin people lol, im very happy with myself now, it wasnt always easy though, but beware when your appetite comes back and take things in moderation and always remember your vitamins and calcium otherwise in a few years it could lead to severe nerve damage, take care and good luck with everything xxx

Hi, Georgina i have noticed over the last couple of weeks that i am getting an appetite and feel hungry when i skip a meal. Up until then i didn't really have an appetite at all but it is coming back as are the cravings for food. It would be easy to graze all day and i really need to make an effort not to do this as i know it will make my weight go back on. the one saving grace is that i can't eat alot and feel full for ages but i expect this will not always be the case either. xx

hi tammy, this is the trouble with a bypass for me anyway, i can eat a meal now and 30mins later i feel like i have to snack cos the full feeling goes, alot of people dont know that the appetite comes back but it does, and it is hard work especially when u crae things, i dont have dumping very much at all, and my meals are a little bigger now than they were b4 but i find some days im really ungry and others not xxx

Have to agree with georgina, last few weeks i have noticed that it takes a bit longer to get that full feeling, couldnt finish a slice of toast and now i can eat it comfortably, and yes the hunger pangs have started again, I try hard not to graze, infact whats really hard at the moment is not to run out and find a crispy kreme donut shop to try the one that Richard mentioned :D

I'm with you fully caroline and Georgina. i have noticed a big difference over the last couple of weeks. Will just have to work extra hard i think and try to not cave into the cravings. Today i just fancy chocolate but will try to resist!!!!!! x

Have to agree with georgina, last few weeks i have noticed that it takes a bit longer to get that full feeling, couldnt finish a slice of toast and now i can eat it comfortably, and yes the hunger pangs have started again, I try hard not to graze, infact whats really hard at the moment is not to run out and find a crispy kreme donut shop to try the one that Richard mentioned :D

Oh thats interesting, didn't know cripsy creme had got as far as Grimsby lol :D

Seriously though, is it appetite that returns, or is it that your new pouch stretches slightly ?

Richard

yes they even have running water and toiltets up that end the last I heard!

Seriously the pouch does streach over time to allow a little more food in, and you do start to feel hungry as well.

Back