• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food/worries re surgery

wildchild said:
Hi Terri,

During my early research (November 2011) I enquired with BBC about possible surgery dates.

At the time Martin Fried was promoted as carrying out the wrap surgery for BBC. They came back to me with dates but they wanted me to sign up within two days to get this deal. I felt this was very much pressure selling and needed time to think what I was proposing to do.

I again contacted them (about 6 weeks ago) prior to booking with Cosmetic Bliss. I was told in an email from Maria (BBC) that Martin
no longer works with them.

I responded back asking for the surgeon's CV (so that I could do my own research) and have never received a reply. They never asked for any medical tests etc which Cosmetic bliss insist on.

Cosmetic Bliss are slightly more expensive but everything flights, insurance etc is covered in the price. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you but I felt this company weren't for me.

Victoria x

Hey I'm Having mine with Martin Fried Victoria I agree with u about the bbc way to pushy.

Hi Vanessa,

Martin Fried is a top surgeon and I think he and Dr Cierny have done the most wrap surgeries between them.

BBC are way to pushy, I've jumped in the past for a (different type) of surgery in Thailand and ended up booking and going with the fast responding cheaper surgeon( who treats patients like cash cows) without doing proper research and waiting for the report from the surgeon I should have gone with.

Victoria x

wildchild said:
Hi Vanessa,

Martin Fried is a top surgeon and I think he and Dr Cierny have done the most wrap surgeries between them.

BBC are way to pushy, I've jumped in the past for a (different type) of surgery in Thailand and ended up booking and going with the fast responding cheaper surgeon( who treats patients like cash cows) without doing proper research and waiting for the report from the surgeon I should have gone with.

Victoria x

Yes there top in there field most def I so glad I paid more an went with reputable place x

Im sure there are posts on here relating to the wrap, have you read them?
Good luck with your surgery.

Kim

Have you got a 'surgery story' away from WLS? Mine was that I had a hiatal hernia from having pneumonia with my 6th child (true) and was going to have it repaired. My surgeon actually did look at it but it didn't need a full plate repair. But it explains the time off for surgery, tummy tenderness and finicky appetite post-op. You can also use this as a time to create new habits and norms, going for a walk on part of your lunch break so folks aren't watching you eat ('Oh, I had a sandwich and banana on my walk' if anyone asks) and since you need to eat every couple of hours having a bit of yogurt or cup of soup at your desk should put them off any thoughts of you being 'on a diet'. Just tell them you had some surgery 'complications' and are having to follow a bland diet for a while. I feel no hesitation at telling nosy bullies whatever lies I have to feed them to protect myself. They shouldn't ask in the first place and deserve what they get IMO.
Eventually, you'll be losing weight and they'll notice one way or the other. You'll simply have to say 'after my surgery I had to follow a special diet and exercise to keep my abs loose and flexible and I lost a few pounds. It felt good so I've kept it up and yes, some weight is coming up. Why do you ask?' That's the kicker, they have no reason for asking and being put on the spot like that makes folks uncomfortable so they tend to back off. And I too would report it to HR if you can, posting hateful names about you on public sites is not on and should be against company policy and dealt with officially.

Devon said:
Have you got a 'surgery story' away from WLS? Mine was that I had a hiatal hernia from having pneumonia with my 6th child (true) and was going to have it repaired. My surgeon actually did look at it but it didn't need a full plate repair. But it explains the time off for surgery, tummy tenderness and finicky appetite post-op. You can also use this as a time to create new habits and norms, going for a walk on part of your lunch break so folks aren't watching you eat ('Oh, I had a sandwich and banana on my walk' if anyone asks) and since you need to eat every couple of hours having a bit of yogurt or cup of soup at your desk should put them off any thoughts of you being 'on a diet'. Just tell them you had some surgery 'complications' and are having to follow a bland diet for a while. I feel no hesitation at telling nosy bullies whatever lies I have to feed them to protect myself. They shouldn't ask in the first place and deserve what they get IMO.
Eventually, you'll be losing weight and they'll notice one way or the other. You'll simply have to say 'after my surgery I had to follow a special diet and exercise to keep my abs loose and flexible and I lost a few pounds. It felt good so I've kept it up and yes, some weight is coming up. Why do you ask?' That's the kicker, they have no reason for asking and being put on the spot like that makes folks uncomfortable so they tend to back off. And I too would report it to HR if you can, posting hateful names about you on public sites is not on and should be against company policy and dealt with officially.

Oh I like this good idea :) x

hey terri, i got a new site from a post opper who creates recipes for post op at all stages, check it out, PouchFriendly.com

Back