• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op incision pain - normal?

melarnz

Hi guys

I am 6 days post of today (Saturday) and have one incision that is very painful. The waterproof plaster came off it today so I had to replace it. I just looked and there is a spot of fresh 'something' on it. It's not blood, prob just a bit weepy. It's on the side I think the surgeon done most of the work. If this is normal, I'm happy to grin and bare it. If it isn't, then I obviously need it seen to.

Is it normal?

Thanks

Mel x

Get it checked....my left hand middle wound got mucky n nasty...ended up 2x a week at GPS for a month getting it sorted xx

Hi guys

I am 6 days post of today (Saturday) and have one incision that is very painful. The waterproof plaster came off it today so I had to replace it. I just looked and there is a spot of fresh 'something' on it. It's not blood, prob just a bit weepy. It's on the side I think the surgeon done most of the work. If this is normal, I'm happy to grin and bare it. If it isn't, then I obviously need it seen to.

Is it normal?

Thanks

Mel x

Mine went a little weepy with the waterproof dressings then crusty and itchy so I swapped to a breathable dressing and stocked up and changed everyday and they cleared up over night. Prob. worth checking with your practice nurse? I also had a big lump under one of mine but it's nearly gone now at 4 week's post op.

My largest one was a little raw and open when they took the staples out but healed within a couple of days once the dressing were off. I also have a hard bit under the wound. It is going down a bit but still obvious. X

That's for your help. Spoke to my nurse, she seems toThink it was a build up of fluid putting pressure on it. It has eased today considerably! So maybe that was it x

i had 1 like that and spent 3 weeks on antibiotics and every 2 days with nurse fir dressing changes see how it goes if not get it checked better safe than sorry

Back