• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really not feeling well tonight

slimmerkay

Well I did something yesterday evening that has knocked me back a bit. Not sure what I did, but I sort of twisted to the right to get the laptop and I felt this horrendous rip/tear under one of my incisions.

It isn't the wet incision that I posted about the other day, it's one that is dry and healed.

Last night I couldn't sleep because it hurt every time I moved, and it hurt if I lay on either side, then my back hurt if I lay on my back, yadda yadda.

Anyway today it is no better. Maybe worse. I can't bend down, twist, lean over without this very sharp stabbing pain which seems to be under the incision. And if I touch the flesh around the incision it is very sore - all the others I feel nothing.

I've also felt less like food than ever today (that could be the worry I suppose) and have hardly eaten.

Good news is I have no temperature.

Going to phone the bariatric nurse first thing tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious, maybe just a little pulled muscle.

Hope you wake up tomorrow and the pain will have gone.

x x x

Good luck Karen, don't overdo things... rest and recover.... let us know how you get on in the morning and it's sounding like you have pulled something... still a lot of healing going on, so please take it steady...
Love and hugs, here if I can help, Bev xxx

ooo youch hope your better tomorrow sweets xx

Thanks everyone.

Bev, it doesn't help that hubby and our eldest had a massive fight this afternoon. All the screaming and shouting. Then Xander wanted only me because he was upset. Then Josh ran out of the house and Paul took off to find him, leaving me with the other kids and no uniforms ready.

I've come to bed now with the laptop and my book. I don't care if anything is still not ready or people aren't talking to each other. Xander is sleeping, the other 3 have had their baths and our quiet in their rooms - Paul and Josh can sulk it out or fight it out - up to them!

i dont blame u sweetpea......... leave em to it, you ve enough on your plate x

That is all you need a week after surgery... men and boys together... men should know better, but have this with my hubby and son at times so fully understand the frustrations... I don't put up with much before they get one heck of warning. xxx

You stay in bed Karen - AND THAT IS AN ORDER.

You need to recover and slow down.

Big hugs and hope all is OK tomorrow.

give them a slap round ear hole luv! lol x

hope the pain isnt much to worry about luv and you feel better soon, let us know how you get on with the nurse luv, ill cross my fingers that your ok and its nothing serious, big hugs xxxxxx

Rest, take it easy, look after yourself - and leave the men/boys to sort themselves out for a change...! Hope you feel better in the morning... xx

Leave the silly beggars to it Karen, you need to take it easy. I hope the pain turns out to be something and nothing and you feel better tomorrow but I agree you should ring your team and ask about it :D X

I couldn't agree more... the best place is with your door closed and in bed Karen... you may have a quieter day tomorrow and you can then get yourself sorted then rested... love and hugs, Bev xxx

Rest up and look after YOU!!! I hope you have done nothing too serious and that you will soon be feeling better....

Hope you are fast asleep now & wake up pain-free tomorrow:)

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling so well Karen. It's probably a pulled muscle but best to make sure. Lads and Dads eh? Mine can be just the same sometimes. Well done for leaving them to it.
Take it easy now, no more over-doing it! I hope you feel tons better tomorrow.

Well the pain is just as bad :(

I phoned my docs. No appointments at all. I said "Not even emergency?" She said with her best friendly, polite, helpful doctors receptionist attitude "If it's an emergency go to A&E."

I phoned the bariatric nurse and the a message said "I'm either on another call or out of the office. If you do not wish to hold please press 1 and leave a message." I hung on for about 5 minutes then pressed one to leave a message. IT WASN'T EVEN HER ANSWER SERVICE :eek: it was someone else!

I'm patiently waiting till after 9am to ring again.

Back