• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op info advice please

cindy63

Hi everyone, getting ready to start my pre op diet in the morning, my op 17th may at SRH. Just a little worried as I had my pre ass app yesterday, thought they would have some post op literature for me to take home in preperation for my return home. The nurse was absolutely lovely but had no advice for me, just to maybe call the hospital today and speak to the bariatric nurse. I have no idea of what vitamins I need or food to get in. Do you get this info from the ward ?. Are they supposed to supply you with a pamphlet or some thing. Is there anyting I can buy and do you get the vitamins on prescription or but them (dont know if shop bought ones are good enough). I am ina bit of a spin as on top of all of this im going on a weeks holiday to butlins with my children and grandchildren on monday so wont be back till 2 days before my addmission. LOL any help will be appreciated than ks in advance x

Hi, I was given all the litrature and information when in hospital. When discharged i was given 2 weeks supply of all medication then had to see my own doctor for repeats.
Good Luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Phew thanks charm was really worrying. dont know why LOL. Just seems a little strange they dont supply you with a post op advisery diet to prepare yourself. As you are not able to do a lot the first week. I have slim fast in can that be used in the mean time?

I was sent a booklet with basic info in it I think all hospitals are different, in what they give you etc x good luck and hope your op goes well on the 17th xxx

Phew thanks charm was really worrying. dont know why LOL. Just seems a little strange they dont supply you with a post op advisery diet to prepare yourself. As you are not able to do a lot the first week. I have slim fast in can that be used in the mean time?

Ive never used slim fast. I was on fluids only for the first 3 weeks so had a lot of soup and muller light which i mixed 50/50 with milk also drank a lot of milk for protein and sipped water.After your surgery the dietitian may come and talk to you about all you need to do, each hospital is different.

It might be an idea to ring your provider and ask them to give yourself some time to prepare and buy in everything you'll need. I was given my post op diet sheet several weeks in advance so I got used to the idea and knew what I needed to do.

at sunderland the dietician came to visit the day after the op and when through a diet sheet with me and gave me a little booklet to take home that tells you about the different stages. to be truthfull it isnt the ideal time for them to visit as you still have the anethestic in you and feel very tired . the day you are discharged you are given the medication you need , i think i got a months supply and then they write to your doctor,one thing i would say is when you are discharged asked for some dressings i was given 1 set of five and ended up having to buy some until i could get the doctor to give my some.

before i went in i bought some chewable multi vitamins ready for coming home and froze some soup ready for when i came out but that was about it.

good luck xxx

thanks I will do that which multi vitamins are best, have never used them before are they all the same strenght worried about getting ones that really are no more than sweets :D

good luck with your preop diet not too long to go now

hi cindy u need any a to z vitamins i got silicia aswell as its good for ya hair and skin the only thing u have to buyis the vitamins the rest you get on perscription to be honest i didnt learn alot about after care from the hospital i got all my information from this site so just fire the questions away thats what i did x

Thanks everyone got the bassets soft and chewy just for now till I see how the swallowing lumpy tablets goes. XX Today is the day im off too sunderlan d in less than 2 and a half hours crikey lol x

gl cindy,like every 1 say,s u get all ur info after opp,meds for a month diet sheet ect the only thing i did,nt get is contact numbers if am haveing problem so might pay 2 ask about them and pass them on if u get any gl and cu after

Back