• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op liquid diet

Mandy hassam

can anyone give me some advise. i am almost two weeks post op and wondering how long everyone stayed on liquids, and what did they start of with when the changed to mushed food? also who didnt feel any restruction whilst on liquids? as i dont feel any..:confused:

What are your providers guidelines? I think I was on sloppies for a couple of weeks, moving onto mushies then soft foods, etc. It's always wise to follow your providers rules, then if there's any problems you know they can't blame you (not that there's usually a problem lol).

Hope this helps xx

i was on liquids for 12 days then moved to mushies.
Ive been having loads of mash, fish pie, tuna, and chicken put through a blender with really over cooked veggies mushed with philly cheese.

Hi dont worry about not feeling any restriction, most people do not feel any proper restriction till they go on to solids.We never had to put foods into the blender just went from 2 weeks liquids to sloppys then2 weeks later being 4 weeks post op started introducing more textured less sloppy food into my diet. Its weird as each hospital has different ways and times of introducing diff food into diet post op, all i can say is that the best way so early post op is to follow ur hospitals guidelines to the letter.
Take care xxx

1-3 liquids
4-6 mushies
7+ solids but with a fill so i think back to liquids for a short time...

.gonna go nandos in my solids stage!

1/2 weeks liquids managed just over 1 week :)
3/4 mushy I found jacket potatoes with cheese a good one to start with just mash really well.
Had mince last night cooked it to death in the slow cooker then blitzed a bit had it with well cooked cauliflower - really nice yum yum. Had some melon later think this probably wasn't the best as couldn't really mash it well but did chew & chew xx

Thanx for all my replys. very helpfull. been told one month on fluids. but cant see me managing another two weeks on fluids. think i might try some wheetabix today, but i must be honest im a little nervous.

boo am i the only one doing liquids for three weeks then ....*off to sulk!

im with you magic beans im 3 weeks liquids then 2 weeks purees, 2 weeks mash then solids. xxx

yaya vonny!! but i got 3 weeks of mashed as well , then like 1 week of solids and back to liquids as i have a fill!!! went sainsburys to see of there was any yummy liquids....nope :(

magicbeans said:
yaya vonny!! but i got 3 weeks of mashed as well , then like 1 week of solids and back to liquids as i have a fill!!! went sainsburys to see of there was any yummy liquids....nope :(

Asda do a very yummy pea & ham soup just liquidated it & the broccoli & stilton is nice as well xx

thanks mandy.....dont eat ham but tbh im sick of soups now..... want to eat/chew....did have sneaky bite of some minced lamb today.....i say bite..i mean a vicious chew of!!

think at about 2 days im gonna start letting a few non liquids get passed my lips...maybe!

Today i had one sloppy wheetabix. and for dinner lean mince,caulli, carrots, gravy, all blitzed in blender, froze little pots of the leftovers, eating smaller amounts but could easily eat more. not feeling any restriction.

You dont have to eat to/feel restriction,trust me one spoonful too much and you will know about restriction.Try to eat and say to yourself, that was enough, and leave the table.This is one of the lessons we have to learn so start now.They dont tell us to chew well,eat less/slow for nothing!Maz x

Back