• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op pancreatitis

i hope you get it sorted out soon xx

I too have cholecystitus, my first time in hospital was 13 days I could'nt stop vomiting and was coming out the other end too in a very strange colour of yellow, what I was vomiting up was a great shade of green.

I also had my lft done and I had a bilirubin of 89 when admitted, was a lovely shade of yellow, I now have to wait for my surgeon recieves funding from my gp in order to take the gal bladder out, they dont seem to be in any hurry to do this.

Mind you I went to my gp the day before I was admitted to hospital and was told I had a tummy bug, I went again the day I was admitted I have never seen them move so fast lol.

To everyone thats waiting to have theres wipped out, I hope the time comes quickly for you all :D

I have had gallstones for ages now. But they were not diagnosed until 2009.

Fat is suppose to set off attacks. For me it is usually something like egg fried rice or a byriani. Like greasy rice. I can do Atkins and never have an attack. Greasy rice or potatoes (not chips though :s ) and I have an horrific attack.

My worst one I ended up in casualty after doing refeed week on a VLCD. I had a gallstone attack 5 nights in a row on low fat food. 5th night ended up sicking up bile all night. Was horrific pain.

Peppermint tea helps more than anything. And anti spasmodics like buscopan.

I asked my surgeon on Monday if he will take my gallbladder out at the same time. He said as its across from my bypass, he will do it at a later date, as in the whole I am non symptomatic. Probably because I drink peppermint tea daily lol

So when I have got to under 17st, I will have my hernia repair and gallbladder removed.

Just hope the bypass doesn't cause pancreatitis. That's not nice at all :(

Good luck to all waiting for a gallbladder removal xxx

I had my gall bladder removed at the same time as my BP and hernia repair. I did have a couple of gall stones but was not symptomatic but my surgeon said I was likely to produce more stones following rapid weight loss and he thought it was best to remove my gall bladder at the same time. I was warned that I was at a greater risk of infection with the gall bladder removal ie the bile and I ended up having open surgery and that was due to complications with the bile ducts and access I believe so its all swings and roundabouts I guess. I am happy its all done and I don't have to go back at a later date to have my gall bladder removed but was very unhappy at the time waking up to find a 12 inch scar. I also had a drain in for almost two weeks and was asked to stay in hospital until that dried up so they could monitor my pancreas with blood tests everyday. I'm happy to say I didnt get pancreaitous (sp) and I certainly hope that anyone who is suffering from that currently is soon on the road to recovery.

Back