• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST OP ROAST POTATOES!

Moulin85

So it's week 2 post gastric band and I am bored with just having liquids and starving!

We went out today and were in the cafe in Bentalls Shopping Centre, I ordered tomato soup and then saw the roast potatoes .... I'm thinking, if I mush them up and put them in my soup, then I can have something real to eat!

Now I am laying in bed in agony... Being attacked by what can only be roast pots and my band is taking revenge on me!

I have been so very good but was just desperate for something...

I feel dreadful and wonder if I have done the wrong thing by having this band!

I am also very cold all the time...no idea why, as I still have about 50kgs of fat to keep me warm!

OUCH!

Luv Sally x

oh dear, I can totally understand. After the horrid pre op and my first week post band I am close to desperation for something non liquid. The idea of mushies tho scares me a little. I hope you feel better soon chick. x x x

hope your okay, maybe you have over done it too much hun, must be hard, hope your better tomorrow x

Have you tried sloppy weetabix or readybrek,its the hardest time but wont last for ever,drink plenty and get busy doing something to take your mind off food.Maz x

im 9 days post op and in the same boat so today i done myself 2 scramblled eggs and the relief of having something other than liquid was fantastic soup n shakes just aint doing it for me now my surgeon told me to listen to my body cos everyone heals different i hope you feel better real soon

Thanks everyone! It really does pay to follow the rules cos this has to be the most uncomfortable thing ever! I think I felt invincible but now I have been corrected on that point.
I am going shopping in the morning for Weetabix and I think Farleys Rusks might do the trick. I will be steering well clear of tatties and bread etc for some time now!
Is this just while it all heals? Please tell me I haven't got to deal with this forever! Xx

Watch the Farleys dont buy regular get reduced sugar.they are still sweet and might make you dump.Readybrek was good.Dont be tempted by Oats with syrup either!

Hi hun, how are you feeling today. I think its until your able to tolerate solid food as your still early days, I must admit i love my roast potatoes to hun xx

Watch the Farleys dont buy regular get reduced sugar.they are still sweet and might make you dump.Readybrek was good.Dont be tempted by Oats with syrup either!

Banders dont dump Maz :D

Hi Moulin the good news is that eventually you will be able to eat a small amount of potato. The bad news is that you might not be able to tolerate roasties, chips etc when you have good restriction - I cant.

Bread is not good band food either, in that it can get stuck and swell in the pouch. I gave it up pre op and dont miss it all. So I think you are very wise avoiding it ;)

There are lots of lovely things you can have but dont be in a rush to move onto the next stage.

If your hungry have something, wether its a smoothie, milky drink or whatever liquid 'food' you like.

Take care x

Thanks Mazza, I will most defo be more patient now. The joy of eating those roasties was totally outweighed by the pain I am still in!
Glad you clarified the dumping thing, I was wondering about that.
When did u have your op? How is it working out?
Xx

Back