• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE OP DIET SUNDERLAND RH

PhilT

Can anyone tell me when the dietitian at SRH sends out the pre op diet info?
I have my gastric bypass scheduled for Aug 21st and my pre op assessment on the 10th Aug.

Have not heard anything about the diet yet?:confused::confused:

Hi hun i received my diet sheet on 20th July my operation is 7th August. Was told to start the diet 10 days before the operation, but started it last Sat now day eight and finding it hard. x

Hi Phil
I work in pre assessment at SRH, you should get diet by the 7th August, usually 2 sent out - milk/yogurt/fruit then a one with meat/veg etc and unless you are diabetic(medication treated) or lactose intolerant they prefer you to do milk/yogurt/fruit version.
If you still have not received by the time you come for assessment you can ask the nurse who see's you to contact senior dietician (Maureen Boyle) for you.
Please be aware that you need to keep a very close eye on your weight in meantime because if you've gained since last visit you could be cancelled at pre op by the surgeon.

thanks a lot great info and advice managing to keep weight off and have lost since last apt but tough going as always

Hi Phil,

Can I just add a little reminder to those who are on the pre-op diets. Please make sure you look at what fluid you drink prior to the diet. If you drink less than what the diet advises you MUST for your own benefit drink more, at least 2 litres more than before the diet. If you drink on average, the same as the diet advises, then drink 1 litre more. I thought I was drinking enough and was re-admitted a week later due to dehydration. It is far better for you to have a cathater after surgery than to have extra fluid given. Being unable to drink any fluids without pain was by far the worst thing about WLSurgery. So please, anyone who is pre-op and reading this. Remember FLUID FLUID FLUID. :D xx

Can anyone tell me when the dietitian at SRH sends out the pre op diet info?
I have my gastric bypass scheduled for Aug 21st and my pre op assessment on the 10th Aug.

Have not heard anything about the diet yet?:confused::confused:

hi my op is on the 13th august and im yet to get my pre op sheets, getting slightly worried now

Back