• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"Cheating" the pre op diet

Billie.x

Hi
Has anyone "cheated" on the pre op.
Day 1- day 6 I was 100% spot op
Day 7 I went for dinner didn't have anything high fat but had some rice and corn on the cob
Day 8 I had a pre packed salad which had prawn and sea food sauce

I have 4 days left and I am going to 100% stick to it.

Has anyone cheated and had any trouble with the liver not shrinking enough.

I haven't had anything really bad but I keep having these awful thoughts that I will wake up and they will say they couldn't do it !!!

Xxx

I didn't cheat for the reasons you mentioned, as someone on another forum woke up with the op not done as they'd not stuck to the diet, I was terrified of that happening to me as I don't think I could have gone through it again (Or afforded it) so stuck to my milk yog and oxo diet :( it wasn't easy but it was worth it :)

God I know I'm hoping as I've not really cheated badly it will be ok. I've lost 12lbs so far xx

All you can do is put it behind you hun and push forward stay focused and goooooooo for it xxxx I did 13 days on the milk diet and lost 21lbs which gave me a great kick start, now 16months later I am half the woman I once was :)

I lost about the same as butterfly & didn't cheat at all. I'd be honest with them about as it's not about the amount of weight you've lost but helping the liver shrink. Good luck & focus! :) it's worth it xx

I cheated the one time ,I was doing the 1000 low calorie diet spoke about it on here ,did mostly get support one or two did tell me off(!) im only human
I did confess to the team they said just do your very best to stick to it ,and I did
lose the weight but most of all the WLS went ahead I spoke with the surgeon after, asking how my liver was her reply was" it was in excellent shape "and that it was small
all im going to say is try and stick to it we all have to do this at some point
all the very best x

I wouldnt worry too much hun were only human and what you 'cheated' on wasnt anything too bad.

Personally I think the liver reduction diet is the hardest part of the whole process, unfortunately I had to do it twice because my first op got cancelled the day before!I was devastated so I had to do it all over again a few weeks later and the second time I cheated but unlike you I fell off the wagon big time and scoffed a whole pack of biscuits! I felt terrible afterwards as it was only a few days before my op but I was honest with my team and they said the same im only human but try to stick to it for the last few days and I did. The first thing I asked when I woke up was how was my liver and I was told it had shrunk magnificently! Boy was I relieved.

So try to stop worrying (I know that's easy to say!) But refocus and try not to beat yourself up about it, if it was that easy to stick too we wouldnt be needing the surgery in the first place would we?!Your about to start an amazing journey that will change your life try to focus on that and use that to keep you going for the remainder of the dreaded diet!

Good luck!

Thank you that's really helpful.
I had a really good day on it yesterday jumped on scales this morning and no movement.
I lost 11lbs day 1-6 and day 7-10 nothing stayed the same. I've got 3 whole days left.
I wanted to lose at least a stone so only 3lb to go this should be do able. Xx

To lose what you have already on the LSD is fantastic , remember its not about the weight lose granted its a bonus its all about your liver been smaller I wish somone would invent a pair of x ray glasses so we could see our livers getting smaller!

Back