• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op milk diet Part Two

Muizenberg

Will be restarting pre op milk diet today and hopefully learn strategies from the previous occasion. Only have to complete 1 week but hope to complete 3 weeks until surgery on 4th December. Fingers crossed it won't be cancelled again.

Good luck x

You can do it!!

Definitely finding it harder to stay motivated this time round.

How long has it been now? How are you feeling?

I'm on day 9 and all I'm having is tea and squash, can't face the milk or yogs or jelly luckily I have no hunger.

I don't have hungry either, thank goodness but I am very bored now. Lol! I am on day 7 with 6 days to go!

I'm day 12 and have got into a routine. Not been hungry at all and it's not been hard. I think you just have to get your head round it and except there isn't an option! Really anxious about the recovery period now but will have to approach that the same way. But who likes pain, definitely not me! I'm in in Tuesday. Keep up the good work you can do it! X

It's nice there's a few of us at once. I'm in on Tuesday too. Soup and yoghurt is filling me so much after 9 days of milk and water. Having the odd craving here and there but not particularly hungry. Excited! X

Yesterday I managed to have 1 yog 1 oxo the rest was either cherry vimto or tea :)

Oh dear is that doesn't sound enough ? Be careful you need your protein

It makes me gag if I try to eat more, I am going to try to drink more milk but will have to water it down, I only used to have skimmed milk in my tea and now having the semi skimmed it tastes so awful :mad:

Managed to avoid all the biscuits and chocolate at my course today. I wasn't even tempted :)

Well done! Constipation is becoming more of a problem for me now. Think steroid and AB's are working just cold symptom now so hopefully they will operate. We're nearly there! X

Just a quick update. Fifth day on milk diet and two weeks until surgery. Struggling to drink daily milk quota but soya is a bonus. Forgotten what "real food" tastes like.

Back