• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Today And...

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Good God do I feel rough!!!

I started feeling poorly yesterday and kept having to nip to the loo coz I had an upset tummy but wasn't like diahorrea. It then got to about 6 or 7 last night and I took myself to bed and it was weird coz my body was roasting hot but my hands and feet were freezing! I felt cold on the inside too. My Mum said "It's like your bones are cold!". I slept pretty much all the way through to my alarm going off this morning. I still feel a little rough, getting tummy cramps every now and then and a few hot sweats, but mostly I feel tired and like I just wanna crawl back into bed!

Could they delay the op or would they just tell me to see how I go?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh no I hope you feel better soon, maybe it because of the op, you might have got yourself all worked up about it and it has to come out somehow.

Let them know your symptoms but I am sure it will all be ok.

Good luck x

Thank You.

I know they'll more than likely ask the question "Are you usually fit and well?" and of course the answer will be yes.

I have been worried about today because it's like the last major hurdle before the op itself. I have decided not to pack my hospital bag until I get back today because I didn't want to presume everything would be ok, and then have them tell me they were gonna put it back another x amount of weeks!

Hope it is offered to you today and that you feel well enough to have the surgery. Pop your bag in the boot, better safe than sorry.
Lynne x

Hi all,

By the time I got to the hospital I felt a lot better, but still pretty tired.

I knew I was having a blood test today and I know that the waiting time is usually about 1hr30mins so I took a ticket BEFORE my actual pre-op appointment. I was number 242 and they were on number 113. I went to the pre-op and the Nurse took my blood pressure and asked me several questions about my health and previous operations and gave me loads of information leaflets. She then weighed me and I came in fully dressed at 84.4kgs (Which means I have now officially hit the target weight loss set by my Surgeon at the end of Feb). I then saw another Nurse who was with the Plastics team and she was lovely. She even gave me her telephone number to call on Friday so I can find out what time my theatre slot is on Monday. She then gave me my forms for my blood test and also a form for my 'before' photos. Oops. I'd forgotten about those. Should have had a trim up in the bath this morning. Oh well... I went and had them done and it was a little daunting as I was expecting it to be a nurse with a digital camera and that's it but oh no... It was a proper studio set up with the lights and the white background and a proper photographer...! :eek: Right then... Top up, trousers pulled down slightly, turn this way, turn that way and a few clicks and flashes later it was done. :D I then went back downstairs and my bum had only been on the seat for less than a minute when my number was called for my blood test! Timing or what?

So... 1 more week to go...

I'm going to look at packing my little hot pink suitcase tonight.

PHEW!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Em

Glad to hear you are feeling better and got through your pre op ok, wow having before photos taken with ya belly hanging out what a nightmare lol but when you are healed it will be fantastic

Keep us updated x

I know Debbie! I felt so uncomfortable I was fighting back the tears. The guy initially said he wanted me to take my top off completely! NO WAY!!! So I was holding up my top just beneath my bra with my head up and my eyes closed! I told him to think himself lucky as my Husband hadn't even seen that! To be honest I don't think he felt very fortunate! Lol!

I've taken a few of my own already and will continue to do so throughout recovery. When I feel confident enough then I'll put them up for a before and after.

Back