• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pregnant with gastric band

hello, ive just found out im pregnant, i currently have 7mls in my band and can still eat a fair amount will i need to have a defill now im pregnant or will i be ok to leave it in???
all help welcome

First of all congratulations! I would get in touch with your team asap to be on the safe side, I think at least a small de fill if not complete will be needed though x

Congratulations! You only need an extra 200calories per day during pregnancy so it depends on how much you can eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

congratulations hun!!! give your team who did you the band a ring tomorrow and have a word with them! they should be able to tell you whats what luv xxxx

Congratulations chick....made up for ya x

Hello and many congrats.

I am not sure if this is the norm, but my friend was pregnant and she had a complete defill, as I sed I am not sure if this is the norm or varies for each provider, best just to ask them xx

congrats on the pregnancy... if i was you I would have a de-fill for sure... i had a pregnancy with my band and didn't have it completely emptied and round about month 4 I had to have a de fill as my restriction became tighter as there was less room in my stomach i can only imagine how tight it would have been at the end and impossible to deflate... i had a twin pregnancy which is why it might have been tighter sooner. however don't take any chances with the health of your baby, have it emptied and it will still not allow you to binge and just eat healthy not for weight loss but to provide everything both you and the baby needs, yes you only need an extra 200 cals in pregnancy but don't forget with the fill you will already be starting at a much lower than average amount. have another fill once baby is born and then become a yummy mummy take care x

Thank you all for your replys, i call my provider and they said as long as i can eat enough i will be fine but as soon as i start to struggle have a defill at that stage....
Thank you all

Hello came a across this post I know it's old. But I was wondering g did you need to have a complete de-fill near your due date? A friend told me that she had to xxx

i had my band defilled by half for my pregnancy and gained alot of weight but was told after as long as you can eat well there was no need for the defill i totally regret it , id say all the time you can eat well then you dont need it but it depends how you feel about it, my obstetrician said defill bariatric team said not needed i think it different from dr to dr

Hi I'm going to get a 1/2 ml out as in not eating very much but my docs said see how you go.
But a Friend said she had to get a complete defill near her due date it got me worried xxx

Back