• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pro-biotics & yogs - any recommendations?

angie790

Just as the title says, can anyone recommend any good low-fat, low-sugar yogs & pre/pro-biotic drinks? I was having a very gently meander around the shops this evening & was really shocked at the sugar content in most of them...I really don't want to risk dumping when I can try them next week...

Good question Angie, iv got my little writing pad to the ready. I jot down all tips and ideas and im ready and waiting lol xxx

I like the muller vitality, not sure of the sugar content etc as i don't worry about dumping xxx

i have the actimel ones, when i looked at them all, they seemed to be the lowest ones i could find, ive been fine on them, and i know charis uses them ones, it was her i got the tip from.

I like the muller vitality, not sure of the sugar content etc as i don't worry about dumping xxx

Is that because you aren't eating enough of it to worry about dumping, or because you are lucky enough not to dump?! I really don't like the thought of it, especially as I'm am back to work in a week....

Hi Angie, we're bypass twins. I had my op on the same day. My friend has bought me Yeo Valley low fat natural yoghurt which I have mixed with milk so I can drink it. So far I have not dumped whilst using it and I'll be having another portion in 5 mins.

Rebirth x

Hi Angie, we're bypass twins. I had my op on the same day. My friend has bought me Yeo Valley low fat natural yoghurt which I have mixed with milk so I can drink it. So far I have not dumped whilst using it and I'll be having another portion in 5 mins.

Rebirth x

Yay, I have a bypass twin...lol! I did look at Yeo Valley yogs and they were one of the lowest in sugar/fat, but I ended up buying just plain natural yog in the end...haven't tried it yet. Had a slightly thicker than normal soup at about 3 pm and have felt quite bloated all afternoon so haven't bothered with anything else except water xxx

Angie, don't forget that you need to get as much protein in as possible to enable you to heal well. I have to admit that the soup I had this evening was a little thick and left me feeling slight discomfort. I've just managed to have a few spoonfuls of natural yoghurt. Aren't the Lansoprazoles disgusting? How are you coping with the injections.

Rebirthxx

The injections are fine as the needles are so thin thankfully, although I appear to have developed skin like a rhino on my tummy & really have to jab them to get them in! I don't mind the lansoprazole too much, just empty the capsule & swig it back with a bit of water, but I am going to see if my Dr will prescribe the Fastabs instead, at least you can just suck them until they are gone! About the protein...I know :(, but it's quite hard at the minute as I really don't feel like eating as I've been feeling a bit sicky...decided I'm going to try tonight without any pain killers as the soluble paracetamol makes me really gag! I did get a protein shake & an actimel in today, but I will try to get more in tomorrow. xxx

The liquid paracetamol is vile isnt it! Every time I open the bottle I nearly hurl :D We suffer for our beauty dont we girls ;) x

most low fat yogs are high in sugar I liked the shape ones at the start but my fav now is black cherry greek muller corners yum yum

The liquid paracetamol is vile isnt it! Every time I open the bottle I nearly hurl :D We suffer for our beauty dont we girls ;) x

Lol, too right DC, I've given up with the ones the hospital sent me home with...they made me feel so sick I ended up getting anti-sickness tablets prescribed from my Dr & they tasted vile & the taste lingered for hours and that made me feel sick too, pmsl! I bought some soluble Panadol and tried them this morning instead - much better than the soluble paracetamol, barely any taste at all - result! xxx

I've invested in an Easiyo yoghurt maker from QVC - was only £13 - their yoghurt is very low fat low sugar and I am told is very tasty. Only just got it, so not tried it yet. You can make a litre at a time, so i thought i will know what goes into it and it will be cheaper than buying ready made ones.

Hiya
i like the activia snack pots, they are yummy especially the peach, i dump terrible with even a tiny bit of chocolate, but these are fine for me
xx

Back